Frequently Asked Questions
Questions – and answers – for students about Prudential Financial's 2021 Early Talent hiring process.
I am an undergraduate student, where do I find applications to available opportunities and how do I apply?
For Summer 2021 undergraduate internship and full-time opportunities, applications will open July 15, 2020. We review applications on a rolling basis with application periods corresponding to the below dates:
- Period 1: July 15, 2020 to September 1, 2020
- Period 2: September 1, 2020 to October 1, 2020
- Period 3: October 1, 2020 to November 1, 2020
- All applications should be fully completed by November 1, 2020
Applications for our undergraduate opportunities are posted on our jobs.prudential.com/students website and on career services websites. Please refer to the job description posted on our jobs.prudential.com/students website for specific application deadlines.
I am a current full-time graduate or MBA student, where do I find applications to available opportunities and how do I apply?
We partner directly with top graduate universities and MBA programs to recruit future leaders. Applications are posted directly to your career services website. To be considered for an opportunity with Prudential Financial, you must complete the Prudential application and submit your resume and cover letter (if requested).
How do I know if I am eligible for an opportunity?
Eligibility criteria varies by opportunity and is included in the job description.
Once I apply for a 2021 undergraduate Summer Internship or Full-Time opportunity, what are typical next steps?
Our recruiting process is designed to help you learn more about Prudential and share your story and experience with us. Our steps include:
- Submit your application – You will only be able to submit three applications to ensure you are considered for the opportunities that you are most passionate about.
- Participate in a first-round digital interview – Once you submit your application, you may be invited to complete a first-round digital interview.
- Part one – Part one includes telling us about yourself via a digital introduction. This will allow you to bring your story to life through a series of a maximum of seven behavioral or situational questions. You only need to complete one digital introduction per recruiting season, even if you apply to multiple talent roles. The digital introduction is required to complete your application, so please complete it within the four-day timeframe that you are provided and is communicated to via email.
- Part two – Part two includes interviewing with the business or businesses that are advancing your application. Depending on how many positions you applied to (maximum three), you will be asked one to two critical thinking questions based on the positions for which you applied. The business aligned questions are required to complete your application, so please complete them within the four-day timeframe that you are provided and is communicated via email.
- Join us for final round interviews – If selected, you will join us in person or virtually for final round interviews to learn more about our business and culture.
I’ve never participated in an OnDemand digital interview or submitted a digital introduction. How does it work?
With OnDemand interviewing, you can interview at a time and place that puts you in the best position to succeed. This virtual interview format allows us to share your story with more members of the Prudential team, moves you through the recruiting process faster and allows us to get to students we might not otherwise have a chance to meet.
Once in the tool, you’ll be greeted by a member of the Prudential team who will provide some background on the organization and some tips for acing the interview. Next, you’ll have an opportunity to test your audio, video and internet connection and complete unlimited practice questions.
Once ready, you’ll be prompted to answer a series of behavioral and some skill related questions by members of the Prudential team. You’ll record your answers, with 45 seconds to prep for each question and two minutes to respond.
For more information on this interview format and tips for success, check out this guide about the digital interview process.
How can I see where I am in the application process?
You can log in to your application portal where you will see any updates. You will also receive email communications throughout the interview process notifying you of your status.
Who should I contact if I am having technical difficulties with my application?
If you are having issues with your Prudential application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who should I contact if I am having technical difficulties with my OnDemand digital interview?
If you are having issues with your OnDemand digital interview, please contact email@example.com.
How To Apply
We partner with top colleges and universities to recruit future leaders.
Starting July 15, 2020 visit jobs.prudential.com/students to explore summer 2021 early talent positions that we are recruiting for and apply online.