Sales and Distribution - Sherman Oaks, CA | BL00049--WA-Virtual Office, WA | BL00006--CO-Virtual Office, CO | BL00004--AZ-Virtual Office, AZ | BL00039--OR-Virtual Office, OR | BL00005--CA-Virtual Office, CADirector Voluntary Benefits (West Coast Territory)
About the position
An exciting opportunity awaits! We are looking for energetic leaders to join our Group Insurance Voluntary Benefits Distribution team. As a member of our Voluntary Benefits team, you will be responsible for developing strong relationships with Prudential’s sales organization, brokers and consultants, customers, and third-party providers that will enable our voluntary solutions to grow. Working across market segments, you will leverage your expertise to successfully execute our voluntary benefits strategy.
- Grow and protect voluntary revenue through participation in customer & producer meetings, the sale of new business and additional issuance and by driving increased enrollment results.
- Ensure market leading service and enrollment solutions, and retention of customers
- Provide strategic direction on voluntary benefit products and services as well as industry trends to Prudential regional distribution teams
- Partner with regional Distribution segment leads and Underwriting to build business plans that will assist in the achievement of new issue, enrollment and persistency targets.
- Recommend development of voluntary/worksite solutions for employers and brokers with underwriting, enrollment and operations
- Serve as a subject matter expert for professional development and product knowledge, market dynamics, ensuring Distribution employees within assigned regions have the right support, tools and resources to grow our voluntary market share.
- Champion continuous improvement to increase customer satisfaction for our voluntary benefit products and services.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to ensure producer and customer needs are understood, satisfied and in alignment with overall Group Insurance strategy.
- A minimum of 8 years proven sales experience in the voluntary/worksite benefits marketplace, including products such as Critical Illness, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Permanent Life, Voluntary STD, Legal, and Identify Theft.
- Proven track record with creating enrollment and service solutions delivering outcomes
- Exceptional knowledge of and relationships in the broker/producer, enrollment firm and platform community
- Proven ability to create a positive work environment, with a focus on transparency, execution and teamwork.
- Exceptional communication, influencing and partnership skills, delivering results through a cross-functional team and matrix environment.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to influence key strategies and build / maintain strong relationships across an organization.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a matrixed organization; ability to guide, influence and navigate effectively across multiple functional areas to achieve business objectives.
- Strong understanding of the voluntary/worksite insurance industry from a market and underwriting perspective, including the ability to analyze and understand financial and performance metrics.
- Ability to focus externally including identifying business trends, changes in market conditions, and competitor activity.
- Active Life and Health Insurance license or obtained within 30 days of hire
- Must be willing to travel 30%
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.