Internal Audit - Newark (NJ), NJ Vice President Audit - Asset Management
About the position
An opportunity is available within Prudential’s Internal Audit Department for an experienced auditor to lead part of the team responsible for global coverage of PGIM, Prudential’s asset management businesses. This is a high-profile position that provides the opportunity to develop and implement the audit plan covering the business activities of the asset management units managing a variety of investment instruments in investment vehicles including trusts, separate accounts, and funds for an array of clients. The successful candidate will lead a team within the PGIM audit group and be responsible for maintaining relationships with key executives including the CEO’s of certain of the PGIM asset management businesses including PGIM Fixed Income, QMA, and Jennison. In addition, the individual selected will assume significant talent related responsibilities including staff development, recruiting, and succession planning.
This successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and directing the execution of the Department's audit approach and annual audit plan related to certain of the asset management businesses, principally consisting of the Public Asset Managers.
- Serving as an authoritative resource to the Department on the asset management business, relevant investment instruments and strategies, and economic developments that impact them
- Building and maintaining collaborative relationships with Audit Department executives and staff in US and International locations as well as key executives in the businesses and related functions to facilitate the execution of the audit plan as well as the sharing of observations, information and ideas
- Partnering with audit teams across the Department to achieve consistent, coordinated, coverage of asset management and related risks and controls
- Monitoring issues and trends throughout the year with the goal of developing and communicating a view as to the design and effectiveness of the processes and controls related to the asset management businesses
- Remaining current with industry views on asset management and related topics such as the capital markets and the credit cycle to adapt audit methodology and approach as appropriate
- Leveraging data analytics in support of risk assessment and audit design & execution
- Developing audit programs for use in covering relevant risks globally
- Assisting with developing a talent strategy for the asset management team that is consistent with Company and Department goals and objectives
The successful candidate must possess a high level of executive presence and energy and be highly collaborative. Other qualifications include:
- Executive level experience as an internal audit professional in an asset management environment
- Understanding of insurance company asset/liability management and related portfolio management
- Knowledge of US capital markets and market risk concepts and measures required; knowledge of non-US markets
- Knowledge of credit analysis and credit risk concepts and measures
- Knowledge of investment instruments and markets for asset types including public and private fixed income, public and private equity, private and public and derivatives including interest rate and currency futures and credit default swaps among others
- Knowledge of mutual funds including manufacturing, distribution and administration
- Knowledge of regulations relevant to the asset management industry including the “’40 Act,” and the Department of Labor ERISA rules, among others
- Knowledge of emerging topics and current analytical methods and modeling techniques used to monitor and manage relevant risks
- Highly motivated, proactive, conceptual thinker who can take a leadership role in a wide variety of assignments
- Strong track record of providing value-added insights to business leaders and serving as a trusted advisor to both business and Audit Department leaders
- Superior, executive level communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to partner effectively with multiple business groups, corporate areas and independent auditors
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, economics, finance or other quantitative field of study required; CPA or MBA in finance and/or the CFA designation highly desired
- 15+ years of relevant executive experience
This position is based in Newark, NJ however the successful candidate can expect to travel to business locations within the U.S. and in Europe, and Asia. Travel not expected to exceed 25%.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.