Marketing - Hartford, CT | Roseland, NJ | El Paso, TX | Dubuque, IA | Scranton, PAManaged Advice Virtual Retirement Counselor
About the position
For more than 140 years, Prudential Financial, Inc. has helped individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. Prudential Retirement, a division of Prudential, provides innovative retirement solutions to help plan sponsors and plan participants meet their retirement challenges.
Prudential Retirement is seeking an experienced retirement counseling professional with a passion for helping our plan participants reach their Day One of retirement confident that they will have the income required for all the days to follow.
- The focus of this position is to conduct participant education individually or in meetings helping our clients employees/participants achieve better retirement outcomes through Retirement Education Counseling.
- This position will be primarily virtual allowing the employee to work out of their home office.
- It may require occasional travel up to 20% of the time.
- The Retirement Counselor will primarily facilitate virtual 1x1 education helping participants better understand our managed account offering as well as overall asset allocation offerings available.
- This would include helping with the transaction itself into the product in a call center type environment.
- Additionally, this role requires occasional in person and web-based group education to be delivered on various topics such as features and benefits of employer sponsored retirement plans, asset allocation, retirement readiness, budgeting, etc.
- Conduct effective needs based 1:1 interactions primarily virtually
- Be well versed in Deferred Compensation, Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Plans as well as holistic retirement planning concepts.
- Have experience with a consultative needs-based approach helping people in a financial services environment.
- Minimum 3-5 years financial services/retirement experience preferred.
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 & 63 or 66
- State life insurance license strongly preferred or able to obtain within 90 days
- Strong presentation skills
- Willing & able to travel up to 20%
- Call Center experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently; results-oriented
- Bilingual in Spanish considered a plus
- Excellent customer relationship-building skills
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.