Accounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Newark (NJ), NJ Manager Planning & Analysis - Assurance IQ
About the position
This position is part of the Enterprise Cost Optimization and Performance Measures (E-COPM) unit of the CFO Organization. This team works closely with Senior Management across its client base to provide management reporting, financial analysis, forecasts, and annual budgets. The successful candidate will support the Assurance IQ client with a focus on helping lead the standup of a resource optimization function to assist the business in achieving its growth goals.
This position will provide the candidate high-level exposure to multiple business and corporate stakeholders while supporting Controllers and P&A through business optimization, forecasting, budgeting, and expense reporting.
At Assurance we are disrupting the antiquated and inefficient world of insurance and financial services. Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals are modernizing how people obtain and manage their financial life all through our powerful platform ecosystem. We are rapidly growing as we expand our product offerings and global footprint, and this growth continues to present new and exciting challenges as we push our industry into its future. We eliminate waste throughout the industry and calculate the complex into simple, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We are humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
- Serve as the Finance lead for developing the Assurance resource optimization function in support of BU financial and operational objectives.
- Collaborate with business owners to build hiring plans, develop bottoms-up multi-year forecasts, and perform cost-benefit analysis on strategic initiatives.
- Develop processes and leverage systems to facilitate governance and control over expense management.
- Written and oral communication with Senior Management, including providing strategic financial analytics and guidance to key stakeholders.
- Aligning resource investment levels with desired financial outcomes and returns.
- Resource capacity planning, optimization, and other relevant analysis for existing and new strategic initiatives.
- Act as a change agent and ambassador to influence expense management behavior.
- Development of associated chargeback budgets and allocations.
- Additional ad hoc requests or project work as required.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent experience (MBA a plus)
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, new business/startup experience a plus
- Adaptable to different stakeholders, audiences, and environments
- Demonstrated track record of process improvements/automation through collaboration and technology
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively to senior management
- Proficient analytic, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and evaluate process effectiveness
- A strong work ethic and a drive to exceed expectations
- Proven ability to work under tight time constraints and multi-task
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Data Visualization (SQL experience is a plus)
- Familiar with Oracle General Ledger, Essbase, Obero, OBI
- Overtime during peak periods and some travel required
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.