Technology - Newark (NJ), NJ Senior .NET Developer
About the position
PGIM Investments is a distributor of asset management capabilities to retail investors intermediaries. We offer a diversified suite of actively managed funds across a broad spectrum of asset classes and investment styles. We are dedicated to helping clients look after their toughest investment challenges—whether it’s capital growth, reliable income, or protection from market volatility and other risks.
As the Senior .NET Developer in PGIM Investments Technology, you will become part of a team supporting the information technology requirements of Prudential's Mutual Funds business. Reporting to a Director of Systems Development, responsible for systems analysis and design, application development, routine maintenance and production support.
- Providing technical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies which assist the business in meeting their strategic objectives
- Acting as an authority technical resource to develop staff on all phases of the systems development life cycle
- Leading teams or projects
- Performing other related duties as assigned or requested
Does this sound like you? Our successful candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in software development
- 5-7 years hands on experience with Microsoft .NET technologies including C# and ASP.NET and .NETCORE.
- Knowledge of Angular and TFS preferred
- Strong database design and development skills using Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in developing n-tier applications for internal and external audiences
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work equally well independently and in a team environment
- Able to manage multiple tasks at a time while meeting all project dedications
- Flexible enough to succeed whether assigned larger project initiatives or routine maintenance and support tasks.
- Experience with financial services applications preferred
- Knowledge of mutual funds business a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.