Asset Management - Newark (NJ), NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Director, Database Administration
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of December 31, 2019, the firm has $851 billion of assets under management including $365 billion in institutional assets, $159 billion in retail assets, and $327 billion in proprietary assets. Over 790 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
Who We Look For:
In PGIM Fixed Income, our technology group is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with exciting changes on the horizon under new senior leadership. We are looking for a lead DBA to align with senior leaders in creating Center of Excellence in administering all database across Fixed Income. Our ideal candidate will have proven experience in leading teams in managing heterogeneous databases on-prem and in cloud. The right candidate for this role will identify this challenge as a unique and valuable opportunity to help drive our global technology transformation, so if this sounds interesting, then PGIM could be the place for you.
What You Will Do:
Guide a team of resources in installation, performance tuning and optimization of large-scale database management servers (Sybase & SQL Server).
Devise and implement database security process and protocols.
Align with other technical leaders in recommendation and implementation of emerging database technologies
Establish automation processes for repeated database tasks
Create and manager database reports, visualizations and dashboards.
What You Will Need:
• 10 + years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture
• 5+ years data modeling experience with conducting performance tuning, backup/recovery, and scalability/capacity planning for maximum performance in each technical configuration.
• 2+ years of experience with cloud services (AWS, Google, Microsoft Azure).
• Experience with both Linux and Windows Server environments
• Extensive experience with database technologies (Sybase, Sybase Replication, MS SQL)
• Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools
• Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
• Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
• PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
What We Would Love to See:
• Experience with financial services datasets across investment, product and distribution functions.
• Experience with Data warehouse solutions like Redshift/Snowflake.
Want to learn more about PGIM and their success: By The Numbers
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.