Asset Management - Madison, NJ | Arlington, VA | New York City, NY | Atlanta, GA | San Francisco, CA | Chicago, IL2021 Sophomore Inclusion Program: PGIM Real Estate Track
About the position
Atlanta, GA; Madison, NJ; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Chicago; IL; Arlington, VA
We review applications on a rolling basis, and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready. Our goal is to notify you of your status within 3 weeks after each application period concludes.
- Period 1: September 15, 2020 to October 1, 2020
- Period 2: October 1, 2020 to November 1, 2020
Are you a rising sophomore? Are you highly motivated, intellectually curious and willing to jump in to make impactful contributions? If so, then becoming a Sophomore Inclusion Program (SIP) PGIM Real Estate Intern might be the right job for you!
We are seeking highly motivated sophomore students who are currently enrolled in full-time undergraduate programs to join our program offering hands-on experiential based training from professionals in the field of commercial real estate. You will have the opportunity to engage in challenging projects that provide hands-on experience and learn about the real estate equity and debt businesses through our 10-week internship.
Our SIP Real Estate Program is open to sophomores of all backgrounds. We are focused on attracting students graduating between December 2022 – June 2023 who self-identify as Black, Female, Hispanic, Native American, Veteran, and LGBTQ students, as well as Students with Diverse Abilities. Those hired would be offered a 10 week rotational internship that runs from June – August 2021. On top of your paid summer internship, you would also be invited to our annual Innovation Summit in Spring 2021. At the summit you will:
At the Summit, you will:
- Learn about Prudential’s Future of Work initiatives and technological advances
- Become a change agent in agile and engaging workshops on skills analysis and process changes
- Engage with Prudential executives and employees and learn how their teams are striving to transform our work
- Learn about Prudential’s lines of business (Asset Management, Technology, Insurance)
- Participate in networking, leadership and skill-building workshops and activities
- Conducting financial modeling to evaluate potential investment opportunities.
- Underwriting and analysis to support asset management decisions (e.g. leasing, financing, buy/sell scenarios, property valuations, and joint venture structuring).
- Creating and executing strategies for developments, renovations/repositionings, and capital projects.
- Assisting in preparation of Investment Committee memorandums and related support.
- Providing analytical support on a wide variety of assignments including market research, review of property operating statements, cash flow modeling, property valuation, borrower credit review, and loan briefs.
- Candidates must be graduating between December 2022 and June 2023 and pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- Familiarity with MS Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and the ability to learn new applications
- Excellent communication skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability
- Willing to potentially travel to selected properties with the team during the internship
- No previous experience in real estate or real estate courses is required
- Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration
Our Application Process:
- Submit your application.
- Receive invitation for first-round digital interviews – Part one includes telling us about yourself via a digital introduction. Part two includes answering pre-recorded interview questions with the business(es) that are advancing your applications(s).
- Last step, final round interviews– If selected, you will have the opportunity to meet with us in person or virtually to learn more about our business and culture.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.