Asset Management - Newark (NJ), NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Investment Operations Associate
About the position
Are you looking to grow your career within Operations and deepen your understanding of financial services products under the Asset Management umbrella? Are you looking to diversify your skill-set by expanding your quantitative skills with a growing organization? Our Fixed Income Operations team is seeking entry level Investment Operations Associates who will be responsible for providing operations support to the Trade Support, Portfolio Administration, or Collateral Management businesses.
Who are we?
PGIM Fixed Income is a top global fixed income asset manager with over $681 billion in assets under management. Our parent company is Prudential Financial, Inc. We are headquartered in Newark, NJ (U.S.) with affiliates in London, Tokyo and Singapore.
PGIM Fixed Income maintains a collegial and supportive work environment that promotes and rewards individual contributions while placing equal importance on results of the larger team. Associates within PGIM Fixed Income share their insights, skills, and diverse perspectives with a talented team working toward common goals. We place high priority on maintaining a work environment that develops, motivates, rewards, and retains employees. We offer a total rewards package that includes competitive pay, performance-based incentives, long-term savings opportunities, and just as important, support for life beyond work.
Our Operations team is a dynamic group that collaborates with all areas of Prudential; in turn creating a myriad of learning opportunities and a collaborative culture. Operations span all of our products and markets while we serve as an internal business partner to aid in processes and controls; as well as help improve our systems that deliver accuracy, efficiency, and the overall integrity to our business.
Job responsibilities include:
• Assuming ownership for operational issues that are raised and providing resolution in a manner that considers the impact to other operational areas
• Anticipating issues that may adversely affect the operational support of the funds and taking action to reduce the risk of occurrences
• Cultivating both internal and external relationships to ensure proper service levels are achieved
• Developing an in depth understanding of fixed income products in order to increase service levels
• Assisting with writing operational policies and procedures
• Developing a deeper understanding of different products and markets and build relationships with our business partner to service our clients
• Business related degree preferred but all
majors considered. (minimum GPA of 3.2)
• Knowledge of fixed income products, investment strategies and derivatives through coursework and/or internships
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, (Excel (pivot/macros), and Word) and ability to learn new applications
• Must be organized, flexible, able to prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.