Other - BL00022--MD-Virtual Office, MD | BL00008--DC-Virtual Office, DCRetirement Education Counselor
About the position
The primary responsibility of the Retirement Counselor is to provide retirement education and expertise to our clients and their employees located in Maryland and the D.C. area for a large healthcare facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing strategic relationships with site contacts within their assigned territory.
- Spending 80% - 90% of their time at client locations delivering effective group and individual meetings to diverse audiences on topics such as: features and benefits of the employer sponsored Defined Contribution (DC) retirement plan(s) and retirement readiness. (Depending on COVID safety procedures)
- Working closely with internal business partners delivering increased client value.
- Serving as the "voice of the customer" by relaying important client feedback obtained during on-site visits to the appropriate Retirement Services area (e.g., Marketing, Client services).
- Ability to meet with participants using technology (1 on 1 & Webinars)
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 and 63 or 66 licenses required
- State life insurance license preferred (must be acquired within 90 days of hire)
- Minimum 3-5 years financial services/retirement experience preferred
- Strong presentation skills
- Be well versed in Deferred Compensation and Defined Contribution Plans as well as retirement planning concepts
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of mutual funds/separate accounts, with an understanding of the risk/reward trade-off for all securities
- Have experience with a consultative need based approach helping people plan for retirement
- Ability to work independently; results oriented
- Proficient in using technology to connect with plan participants in both individual and group settings
- Bilingual in Spanish considered a plus
- Must be willing to travel to client locations in and around Maryland and D.C.
- Must be able to carry up to 30lbs. and navigate pedestrian pathways such as narrow corridors, subway or train platforms and stairways.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.