Account/Relationship management - BL00024--MI-Virtual Office, MI Dedicated Retirement Counselor, Oakland County, MI
About the position
Prudential Retirement, a division of Prudential Financial, Inc., delivers retirement plan solutions for public, private, and nonprofit organizations. Services include defined contribution, defined benefit and non-qualified deferred compensation recordkeeping, administrative services, investment management, comprehensive employee education and communications, and trustee services, as well as a variety of products and strategies, including institutional investment and income products, pension risk transfer solutions and structured settlement services.
The primary responsibility of the Retirement Counselor is to provide retirement education and expertise to our client and their employees located throughout Oakland County, Michigan. The successful candidate selected will be responsible for:
- Developing strategic relationships with site contacts within their assigned territory.
- Spending 80% - 90% of their time at client locations delivering effective group and individual meetings to diverse audiences on topics such as: features and benefits of the employer sponsored Defined Contribution (DC) retirement plan(s) and retirement readiness.
- Working closely with internal business partners delivering increased client value.
- Acting as the "voice of the customer" by relaying important client feedback obtained during on-site visits to the appropriate Retirement Services area (e.g., Marketing, Sales, Client services, Transition Team).
- FINRA Series 6 & 63 licenses required
- State life insurance license preferred (must be acquired within 90 days of hire)
- Minimum 3-5 years financial services/retirement experience preferred
- Strong presentation skills
- Be well versed in Deferred Compensation and Defined Contribution Plans as well as retirement planning concepts
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of mutual funds/separate accounts, with an understanding of the risk/reward trade off for all securities
- Have experience with a consultative needs based approach helping people plan for retirement
- Ability to work independently; results oriented
- Bilingual in Spanish considered a plus
- Must be willing to travel to client locations within Oakland County, Michigan
- Must be able to carry up to 30lbs. and navigate pedestrian pathways such as narrow corridors and stairways
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.