Technology - Roseland, NJ Manager, Software Development
About the position
Prudential’s Retirement- Investment Pension Solutions business is seeking an experienced Technology Manager who has the right mix of technical experience and practical hands-on technical experience, to lead and create customer-centric solutions that drive positive business outcomes. The candidate will be responsible to work with Portfolio Managers, Business stakeholders, Scrum Masters, DevOps, Backend and Architecture teams to successfully deliver complex cross-functional projects.
The individual will design, create, test, and deploy solutions across multiple technology domains and will have the opportunity to influence, differentiate, and guide our business and technology solutions by implementing the robust technical capabilities that will enable Retirement to deploy plug and play solutions in a rapidly changing ecosystem. This position will report into Retirement delivery organization, collaborate with other Managers, Technical Leads, Developers, Testers, Solution and Architects within Retirement, other lines of business teams and Corporate groups.
Prudential Retirement’s business is embarking on a multi-year program to build customer-centric platform utilizing contemporary technologies and innovative techniques to deliver improved client experience for internal clients, Intermediaries, Institutional and individual experiences, that create and protect financial wellness. We are committed to making the investment to enable large scale business and technology projects to adopt cloud-based products and solutions to increase operational efficiency and enable revenue growth. The multi-program also focuses on leveraging cross-business capabilities, data and analytics, within Prudential and partnering with Enterprise groups to enable common technology capabilities for global use across national boundaries.
As we continue to transform and improve experiences of our existing individual customers, institutional clients, and business partners, we aspire to attract and retain top talent to create a diverse, engaged and fulfilled workforce, as well as maintain our top-tier, rock solid marketplace reputation. We prioritize continuous improvement and adopt practices that will enable agility and customer-centricity. The Technical Lead will be expected to showcase continuously learning mindset, adopt contemporary techniques, and utilize their experience to assist with the transformation creating positive outcomes.
• Collaborate with technology, architecture, product management and design teams to drive outcomes with focus on enriched customer experience
• Foster an iterative/Agile environment
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and maintain accountability
• Deliver end to end solution using innovative approaches to complex design problems
• Lead technical teams to deliver high quality products
• Drive Engineering and Operational Excellence within teams.
• Work flexible hours as needed to accommodate onsite and offshore team needs
• Must possess an undergraduate or graduate level degree with a concentration in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
• 5+ of experience in the development and design of complex applications
• Must have experience with service implementation using service-oriented architecture (SOA) patterns
• Must have experience with relational database and data analytics.
• Must have previous experience building and delivering APIs and platforms for consumption at scale
• Familiar with security concepts (authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signature), SSL, web service proxies, firewalls, multi-protocol gateways
• Understanding of Agile SDLC methodologies is required
• Driven, self-motivated, able to work under pressure using sound judgment & professionalism.
• Must demonstrate a craving for continuous improvement, through understanding of new technology innovation and its application
• Acts as a change agent and champions employee engagement within SCRUM team by being positive, direct, data-driven, constructive and vocally self-critical
• Travel to local Prudential sites up to 20% required
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.