Asset Management - Newark (NJ), NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Director, Investment Risk Management
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of March 31, 2019, PGIM Fixed Income has $776 billion of assets under management including $334 billion in institutional assets, $135 billion in retail assets, and $307 billion in proprietary assets. Over 600 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets.
The PGIM Fixed Income Risk Management team is looking for candidates with a solid understanding of fixed income markets, risk measurement, and performance attribution with the ability to quickly add value to the group.
- Participate in internal portfolio management and strategy meetings to represent risk management and keep up with market developments, sector views and trading strategies
- Leverage technical experience and market knowledge to bring new perspectives to portfolio and risk management discussions
- Identify gaps and weaknesses in our risk estimation framework and propose solutions to improve existing processes
- Provide support to the risk management function as needed, including the oversight of daily portfolio positioning, interaction with portfolio managers, review and commenting on client guidelines, risk budgeting, addressing client requests, responding to ad-hoc requests for risk analysis or information
- Support the development of new products and enhancements to existing products in coordination with Product Development, Client Advisors, Portfolio Analysts, Portfolio Managers and senior management
- Coordinate with Quantitative Modeling and Strategies and the systems group on designing, testing, implementing and documenting changes to our proprietary internal risk analytics and systems.
- Meet with affected trading desks to review proposed changes and highlight impacts on portfolio risk
- Assist with risk budgeting for new and existing portfolios including review of threshold utilization to inform product design and optimization
- Training and management of junior analysts in both rotational and full-time roles
- Attend marketing and due diligence meetings with clients and prospects to review and discuss our risk framework and philosophy
- Coordinate with associates in investment risk and the Quantitative Research Group to prepare responses to due diligence questionnaires, requests for proposals and ad-hoc inquiries from clients and prospects related to the Investment Risk Management Framework.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in finance
- 5+ years of fixed income investments experience
- CFA, FSA, preferred
- Database and programming experience and ability with to work with large datasets
- Demonstrated competence with statistical, quantitative and technical aspects of fixed income markets
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience interacting with senior management and seasoned investment professionals
- Exceptional organizational and task/project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple people and priorities to specific deliverable timelines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.