Legal - Hartford, CT | Moosic, PA | Roseland, NJ | Dubuque, IAParalegal
About the position
The Prudential Retirement Legal Team is part of the US Business Law Group of Prudential’s Law Department. We are seeking a highly talented, motivated and experienced paralegal to join the legal team that supports the Retirement Business, including the Full-Service Solutions/Recordkeeping group. This position is located in Hartford, Connecticut or Roseland, New Jersey.
Prudential’s Retirement Business provides investment products and services to defined contribution, defined benefit, and non-qualified plans through two principal areas:
- The Full-Service Solutions group which manufactures market value investment products and provides recordkeeping services for Defined Contribution, Defined Benefit and Non-Qualified Plans; and
- The Investment & Pension Solutions group which provides US pension and international longevity risk transfer solutions to domestic and global Defined Benefit plans and manufactures stable value and other innovative products for Defined Contribution and other plans and institutions.
Approximately four legal professionals provide dedicated support to the Recordkeeping group, which is also supported by other members of the Retirement Law team. Team members are responsible for the delivery of focused, technically sound and pragmatic legal support in connection with Prudential Retirement’s dynamic and highly visible recordkeeping business.
The successful candidate will primarily support lawyers in the Recordkeeping group. A bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate and several years’ experience working in the area of defined contribution, defined benefit and/or non-qualified plans are strongly preferred.
Skills necessary for success include:
- Working knowledge of ERISA, and the aspects of the Internal Revenue Code that apply to defined contribution, defined benefit and/or non-qualified retirement plans.
- Ability to work with plan documents, adoption agreements, summary plan descriptions and the investment contracts “funding” plan benefits.
- Ability to work independently and manage several large projects at one time.
- Strong legal research and the ability to synthesize research.
- Experience with corporate governance matters is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with content management systems/tools is a plus.
- Working collaboratively with internal clients and control partners to consult and advise on business practices.
- Ability to navigate a matrixed environment.
- Ability and motivation to learn new legal disciplines.
- Ability to communicate legal and business concepts, both in writing and orally, in a clear and thoughtful manner.
As a member of Prudential Retirement Law, the candidate can expect to work in an environment that provides significant intellectual challenges and meaningful development opportunities. We are committed to delivering excellence in an atmosphere of engagement, collegiality and inclusion.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.