Technology - Roseland, NJ Specialist Quality Assurance
About the position
The Quality Engineer is a key contributor responsible for performing quality management practices to satisfy software acceptance criteria and/or test requirements using industry leading tools and techniques. Working to support an iterative Agile team, the Quality Engineer identifies and drives innovative testing and test automation approaches that turn ideas and concepts into reality.
Duties include: Identifying test scenarios and components, while planning and executing tests with a focus on test automation. This requires expertise with a variety of test automation methodologies, practices and procedures with a dedication to high-quality, and efficiency for maximum velocity. We are looking for someone who is outcome focused, loves challenges, can work collaboratively and who exemplifies the virtues of our talent model: Humble, Hungry and Smart.
- Collaborate as a member of an Agile/Product Development team to define and implement testing and test automation strategies and techniques
- Maintain and extend automated tests and test automation frameworks
- Determine and manage required test data
- Work collaboratively to optimize test coverage
- Partner with DevOps teams to onboard automated tests – to stay consistent with an infrastructure established to support continuous testing
- Support team member knowledge-sharing and skills transfer, to increase team productivity
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance Test Automation Engineer
- Experience with different development and testing techniques (i.e. Test-Driven Development, Acceptance Test Driven
- Development and Behavior Driven Development) – a plus
- Experience with test automation design, development practices, frameworks, and related tools that support unit, integration, functional and non-functional test automation
- Hands on experience with Selenium using Java
- Ability to work with Agile methodologies in a fast pace environment required Knowledge of cloud technology, DevOps and Jenkins preferred
- Experience testing dynamic web pages (HTML5), relational database technology and XML/JSON desired
- Experience testing REST services desired
- Demonstrates a craving for continuous self-improvement, through understanding of new technology innovation and its application
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player with great time-management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Travel to Prudential sites up to 10%
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.