Technology - Roseland, NJ Senior Specialist Quality Assurance
About the position
The Quality Engineering Technician is a key contributor responsible for creating and implementing a strategy for quality management, coordination and testing. Working to support iterative/Agile teams, the Quality Engineering Technician identifies and drives innovative testing and test automation approaches that turn ideas and concepts into reality. Duties include; identifying test components, building out libraries and automation frameworks for use by, and support of, Quality Engineers and QA Analysts. This requires expertise with a variety of test automation methodologies, practices and procedures with a dedication to high-quality, and efficiency for maximum velocity. We are looking for someone who is outcome focused, loves challenges, can work collaboratively and who exemplifies the virtues of our talent model: Humble, Hungry and Smart.
- Partner with Agile Strategies and Product Development teams to define and implement testing and test automation strategies and techniques
- Drive the development, maintenance and implementation of test automation frameworks and techniques
- Determine best fit solutions for required test data
- Provide direction to teams to optimize test coverage
- Stay informed of industry standard test automation tools and best practices
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and DevOps teams to build, scale and maintain support for Continuous Testing
- Provide leadership and support for test automation and test data management knowledge sharing & skills development
- Evaluate product quality metrics to make recommendations for improved customer satisfaction.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance Test Automation Engineer
- 3+ years of experience with different development and testing techniques including Test Driven Development, Acceptance Test Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development
- Experience with test automation design, development practices, frameworks, and related tools that support unit, integration, functional and non-functional test automation
- Experience with Selenium using Java
- Experience with Agile methodologies and fast pace environment required
- Experience with AWS cloud technology, DevOps and Jenkins preferred
- Knowledge of DevOps tools (i.e. CodeDeploy, Artifactory, SonarQube, Jenkins) highly desired
- Experience with dynamic web page development (HTML5), relational database technology and XML/JSON desired
- Experience with implementation using service-oriented architecture (SOA) patterns a plus
- Experience with Web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, XML, JDBC, MySQL
- Demonstrates a craving for continuous self-improvement, through understanding of new technology innovation and its application
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player with great time-management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Travel to Prudential sites up to 10%
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.