Legal - Newark (NJ), NJ VP, Corporate Counsel
About the position
QMA LLC, an SEC-registered investment adviser, is the quantitative equity and multi-asset solutions manager of PGIM, the global investment management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. We are looking for an experienced attorney to support QMA’s business. QMA specializes in the utilization of quantitative methods to guide investment decisions across a wide range of active and passive public equity and asset allocation investment strategies. It serves an institutional client base that includes, among others, corporate pension and profit-sharing plans, state and municipal government plans, Taft-Hartley plans, charitable institutions, registered mutual funds, collective and common trusts, insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds, and various non-U.S. funds.
QMA is headquartered in Newark, New Jersey. As of September 30, 2019, QMA had assets under management of approximately $122 billion. The attorney will join a team of four attorneys supporting QMA.
· Negotiating and drafting investment management agreements
· Drafting and reviewing investment guidelines;
· Drafting and reviewing derivatives and other trading agreements;
· Reviewing and assisting in the preparation of responses to requests-for-proposals;
· Assisting in the preparation of fund documentation
· Providing advice with respect to various regulatory and operational issues
· Providing legal support for cross-business unit projects.
· Participating in programs of the Law, Compliance, Business Ethics and External Affairs Department.
Skills & Experience
· Minimum of 5 years of experience with a law firm and/or an investment management organization
· Extensive and sophisticated knowledge of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and
Securities Act of 1933
· Significant legal experience in the areas of asset management and securities transactions
· Substantial experience in the negotiation and drafting of investment management agreements with respect to institutional single client accounts
· Experience in the areas of commodities and derivatives transactions
· Experience in drafting commingled fund disclosure documents and related agreements
· Strong written and oral communication skills
Working knowledge of any or all of the following is a plus:
· Investment Company Act of 1940
· Private funds
Successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks. This may include a check with the Criminal Records Bureau. In such instances, the consent of the candidate will be required.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.