Technology - Newark (NJ), NJ PGIM Investments - .Net Developer
About the position
PGIM Investments is a distributor of asset management capabilities to retail investors intermediaries. We offer a diversified suite of actively managed funds across a broad spectrum of asset classes and investment styles. We are dedicated to helping clients look after their toughest investment challenges—whether it’s capital growth, reliable income, or protection from market volatility and other risks.
As the .NET Full Stack Developer in PGIM Investments Technology, you will become part of a development team leading the information technology requirements of Prudential's Mutual Funds business. Reporting to a Director of Systems Development, responsible for development and leading of mutual fund products, both front-end and back-end development will be needed. You must be comfortable with agile methodology and a fast-paced development cycle. Proficiency in .NET, C#, Angular and SQL Server are plus.
· Design, develop and implement web interface using various Microsoft Technologies to provide portal
· Master's or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
· 4+ years of experience with development using Microsoft .NET technologies including .NET (Core or MVC framework) and C#
· Experience with a variety of data feeds types including JSON, XML, CSV and SOAP
· Hands on knowledge with Rest API and web Services based on development
· 4+ years of experience with database design and development using Microsoft SQL server 2016, including SSRS
· Knowledge of the Agile development process
· Experience troubleshooting and resolving data, system and performance issues
· Superb communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
· Experience with Cloud computing concepts (private, public and hybrid) a plus
· Experience with Tableau a plus
· Proficient with Microsoft Office
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-pace environment
· Financial Services experience preferred
· Knowledge of Mutual Funds business a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in software development
- 4 years hands on experience with Microsoft .NET technologies including C# and ASP.NET. Experience with Java, J2EE and WebSphere preferred
- Strong database design and development skills using Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in developing n-tier applications for internal and external audiences
- Working knowledge of software development and implementation on mobile devices (iOS and Android)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work equally well independently and in a team environment
- Able to manage multiple tasks at a time while meeting all project dedications
- Flexible enough to succeed whether assigned larger project initiatives or routine maintenance and support tasks.
- Experience with financial services applications preferred
- Knowledge of mutual funds business a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.