Human Resources - Newark (NJ), NJ Vice President HR Business Partner ( Prudential Advisors)
About the position
For more than 140 years, Prudential has helped individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. We are known for delivering on our promises to our customers and are recognized as a trusted brand and one of the world’s most admired companies.
Prudential Advisors is Prudential’s nationwide sales organization and the number one distributor of Prudential Life & Annuities products. Their mission is to be recognized as the leading provider of financial advice and solutions by our clients and to be the top destination for talent in the financial services industry. Currently their field force consists of more than 3,000 full-time financial professionals and 340 field.
About the Role:
This Lead HR Business Partner role for Prudential Advisors, is a great career opportunity for a seasoned lead human resources business partner. You will provide strategic consultative support to direct and manage the human resources agenda in support of the business strategy and objectives. Reporting to the Head of Human Resources for the Individual Solutions Group, and leading a team of human resource professionals, you will partner with business leaders to build a compelling culture that drives competitive advantage and the organizational capabilities to win. You will serve as a trusted advisor and confidante to senior leaders; coaching and consulting with management teams on all people-related matters.
• Partner with senior leaders to plan / drive change, enhance organizational effectiveness, identify areas for improvement, and develop / implement related strategies.
• Implement operational efficiencies to build a high-performing culture.
• Coach and drive high performing leaders and teams as role models of culture.
• Set the strategic direction and lead a seasoned team of HR professionals.
• Serve as a trusted advisor and confidante to senior leaders; coaching and consulting with management teams on all people-related issues.
• Collaborate with HR partners from Talent and Capability Centers of Expertise, Corporate Compensation and Benefits, Diversity Impact and Inclusion, as well as Employment Law to deliver against HR’s overall strategic commitments for the business.
• Embed I & D principles into all talent practices and people decisions.
• Serve as an advocate for Prudential through being a voice for both management and employees through active listening, providing objective feedback and consistently delivering on commitments
Organization Effectiveness (OE) Focus: The individual will help leaders establish the organizational culture and design in which people have the competency, concern, and commitment to serve customers well. He or she will consult on employee development opportunities and, with the support of the Organization Effectiveness Center of Expertise, provide organization development solutions and approaches to problem-solving. The individual will advise on how to create a positive work environment in which people will be motivated and contribute to the goals of the organization.
Talent / Diversity: In partnership with the Talent and Capability Center of Expertise, the individual will help leaders build talent strategies that drive a high-performing, climate of inclusion. He or she will also be responsible for integrating programs and assessments from the Centers of Expertise to ensure readiness of leaders and overall development of key talent. In this role, the individual will partner with the Diversity Inclusion & Impact team and participate actively in I&D initiatives.
Change Focus: The individual will be responsible for championing and executing change strategies while measuring the effectiveness and keeping a close pulse on adoption and employee engagement.
• Demonstrates the highest levels of ethics, trustworthiness, values, and integrity; should be highly respected within current/previous organizations and within the industry as a trusted professional.
• Results driven individual that proactively gets things done!
• Resiliency and the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
• Demonstrates a good balance of courage, confidence and humility.
• Challenges the status quo to drive innovation and improvements.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability. Need to be fluid and effective as business conditions and organizational dynamics change. Remain calm and thoughtful, yet decisive under pressure.
• A self-critical and disciplined approach, with a positive, constructive attitude toward managing.
• Adapt communications and style to meet the needs of the intended audience, and express information in a clear, direct way.
• Possess the ability, experience, and confidence to effectively manage change throughout the organization.
• Ability to make decisions while operating in a “grey” zone.
• Inspires others and encourages outside-the-box thinking
The position is located in Newark, NJ, with the ability to travel nationwide when the need arises.
• At least 8+ years of HR experience with a solid track record of achievement as a strategic HR business partner and advisor to senior executives.
• Strong leadership capabilities to lead a virtual team of season HR professionals.
• Experience in leading, complex transformative initiatives.
• Understand the nuances of business strategy and how that translates into operating model/ organization structure
• Strong business acumen and the ability to translate business needs into human resources priorities and ensure alignment.
• Proven record of effectively operating at both a strategic and tactical level and demonstrated ability to manage multiple and diverse issues.
• Proven success operating in a dynamic and fast-paced, complex, high profile environment.
• Demonstrated success working with cross functional teams to drive results, lead through change, and influence toward desired outcomes.
• Experience dealing with the HR demands that are unique to a distribution channel or sales environment.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.