Asset Management - Newark (NJ), NJ PGIM Fixed Income - Director, Product Strategy
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of December 31, 2019, the firm has $851 billion of assets under management including $365 billion in institutional assets, $159 billion in retail assets, and $327 billion in proprietary assets. Over 700 institutional asset owners have entrusted PGIM Fixed Income with their assets. The
The role is part of the PGIM Fixed Income Product Strategy team, a team focused on developing and maintaining fixed income solutions for both institutional and retail investors globally. The individual responsibilities will include development, management, and optimization of marketing materials (mainly presentations). This position will work closely with other teams within the Product Strategy and Marketing organization, as well as key partners, including Portfolio Managers, compliance, to assist with key messaging and the production of high-quality presentation materials. The role requires a high level of proficiency in PowerPoint, the ability to graphically design a slide lay-out to communicate detailed messaging. An understanding of the asset management business, fixed income markets, and pooled vehicles is strongly preferred.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Develop a deep understanding of PGIM Fixed Income’s capabilities, competitive advantages, and current investment strategy line-up
- Produce and update presentation materials for recently developed strategies (both long only and alternatives)
- Be able to appreciate the complexities of the new offering, determine the differentiating and competitive messaging, then convey that message in an efficient manner with presentation materials
- Develop conference presentation materials for investment professionals to cover macro-economic reviews, a variety of special topics, and updates on investment strategies they manage
- Understand markets, products and competitive landscape to support Product Development and Client Advisors in preparation for meetings with clients and prospects
- Research competitive marketplace for presentation materials
- Listen to asset class or investment strategy meetings to stay abreast of market trends, and current thinking of investment teams
- Develop positive relationships between the Product Strategy team and the various portfolio management investment teams and other support functions such as compliance and legal
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution
- 7+ years of experience in asset management marketing
Knowledge of asset management business, fixed income markets and macro economic principles
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel, demonstrated ability to suggest a variety of visual formats to convey information – ability to manipulate data
- Knowledge of Seismic
- Familiarity with extracting and analyzing data from Bloomberg - eVestment or Morningstar Direct
- Knowledge of investments, regulatory and industry rules, guidelines, and standards preferable (FINRA, FSA, SEC, GIPS)
- CFA charter holder or interest in pursuing the designation
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.