Technology - Newark (NJ), NJ Jr. .Net Developer
About the position
At Prudential, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture focused on creating a positive, inclusive and rewarding experience for all. Together we work to achieve the best possible personal and professional growth for our team. Innovation, collaboration and unwavering ethics form the bedrock of our efforts.
Come join our team and grow your career with us! Your opportunities on our team will include:
• Contribute to the continued build out and modernization of our financial and actuarial systems into a hybrid cloud and on-premise architecture.
• Creation, implementation and orchestration of container-based components for our architecture.
• Strategic enhancements and refactoring of existing critical components to align with overall technology strategy.
• Explore, evaluate and implement emerging technologies into our architecture where advantageous.
• Work with senior developers and functional analysts to gather functional and technical requirements and be able to translate them into application code.
• Perform hands-on analysis, design, coding and testing to meet business and technical objectives.
• Coordinate with software vendors, where applicable, to support upgrades and/or maintenance activities including problem resolution.
• Provide ongoing production support for supported applications including problem resolution.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline
• Any work experience with application development supporting Windows/Unix and Web-based applications
• Programming experience with any major language/platform, such as VB.NET, C#.NET, ASP/ASP.NET, JAVA, HTML, XML/XSL
• General relational database experience and SQL programming knowledge (tables, queries, stored procedures, etc.), such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
• Experience with Excel including VBA scripting
• Experience working on a major cloud provider platform such as AWS or Azure is a plus
• Basic understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong desire to learn new technologies and apply what is learned
• Highly accountable and results-oriented
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.