Sales and Distribution - Seattle, WA | BL00014--ID-Virtual Office, ID | Portland (OR), ORGroup Insurance Premier Sales Executive (Seattle, Portland, Boise Territory)
About the position
Prudential’s Group Insurance (GI) Distribution organization delivers benefit services and solutions needed to fulfill our purpose of making lives better by solving the financial challenges of our changing world. The group is comprised of early talent, experienced, and executive teams with a keen focus on customer and marketplace centricity. We are looking for strategic Premier Accounts sales executive experts who love what they do and are passionate about ensuring individuals and families achieve financial wellness.
You will be part of the GI Distribution Premier Accounts team. You and your Premier Sales Executive team will evaluate and quote on Premier Account cases (100 - 4,999 lives) that vary in complexity, receiving day-to-day leadership from your regional vice president. You’ll be aligned with the client relationship team, product solution experts and underwriters, who you’ll form strong partnerships with, to collectively create the best client outcomes.
We will provide you with opportunities to further develop your skill set, stretch into new areas and work on transformational initiatives.
You are a strategic Premier Accounts sales executive exercising with the ability to pursue and retain high levels of profitable business and solid relationships in a defined territory through proposal activity and broker development. You will review Request for Proposals (RFP's), discussing Plan features or enhancements with a consultant to better serve the needs of the client and their employees. You develop relationships with key producers and consultants and will work closely with the Underwriting/Contracts and Compliance departments to negotiate the best pricing. You will coordinate and conduct CE classes, Lunch & Learns and meetings about Prudential’s Group Insurance products and services.
You’re team player and passionate about the customer experience. You play a key role in supporting Prudential’s presence in the marketplace by being risk smart and fully inclusive when delivering on our value proposition and in implementing new and innovative solutions.
You’re a natural relationship builder. You build exceptional relationships with brokers, clients, peers and internal business partners. They trust you to provide the best experience for our clients, manage multiple priorities and communicate effectively.
What we are looking for in your background
- Demonstrated success in selling financial or health insurance to small, mid or large size clients.
- Understanding of underwriting concepts and risk analysis
- Self-motivated with the ability to grow the business and build and maintain relationships
- Demonstrated ability to successfully partner with internal business partners, consultants, brokerage firms and/or third-party administrators
- Ability to effectively negotiate and influence others towards win-win solutions
- Strong perseverance with the ability to provide consultative solutions to meet customer/producer needs
- Strong time management skills with a knack for managing multiple tasks/initiatives simultaneously
- Attention to detail, hyper focus on quality of deliverables
- Ability to adapt, problem solve quickly and communicate effective solutions
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Active Life and Health Insurance license or obtained within 30 days of hire.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Advanced sales and technical ability in the 100+ employee market.
- A high level of intermediary relationships and strong professional reputation.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.