Asset Management - Dallas, TX 2021 Real Assets - Energy, Power & Renewables Finance - Summer Investment Analyst: Prudential Private Capital
About the position
2021 Real Assets - Energy, Power & Renewables Finance - Summer Investment Analyst Prudential Private Capital Location(s): Dallas, TX
We review applications on a rolling basis and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready. Our goal is to notify you of your status within 2 weeks after each application period concludes.
- Period 1: July 25, 2020 to August 25, 2020
- Period 2: August 26, 2019 to September 15, 2020
- Period 3: September 16, 2019 to October 2, 2020
All applications should be fully completed by October 2, 2020
How to Apply: Click here: http://bit.ly/Pru2020_PPC_EFGIntern
Are you a rising junior looking to apply your analytical knowledge with a passion for energy & power? Or maybe you’re looking to gain foundational knowledge and skills to apply in a professional environment, while developing strong relationships through training, mentorship, and ongoing feedback. At Prudential Private Capital that's a challenge we can help you meet as a Summer Investment Analyst in our Real Assets - Energy, Power & Renewables Finance group, which is divided into two sub sections – Energy and Power & Renewables. The Power & Renewables group provides capital to companies and projects across the Power sector value chain., including traditional and renewable power plants (wind, solar, geothermal, etc.) investor owned utilities, and electric cooperatives. The Energy group invests in exploration & production, midstream, infrastructure projects, oilfield services and utilities transactions.
As a Summer Analyst, you would work on a small deal team responsible for underwriting, portfolio monitoring and marketing and contribute analytical and written content as part of the investment process over your 10-week summer internship. You would spend half of your internship in the Energy Group and half of your internship in the Power & Renewables Group, gaining experience in both sectors of energy & power finance. You will learn about investing private placements of senior debt, subordinated debt, and equity capital, gaining valuable experience in thinking like a long-term investor, as well as applying accounting and finance fundamentals. Additionally, you will participate in an eight-week, in-house training program throughout the internship.
- Contribute written content to internal credit memos
- Industry and company research
- Learn comparables analysis
- Develop financial modeling and credit analysis
- Participate in transaction due diligence
- Portfolio and credit monitoring
- Prepare marketing materials
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited bachelor's program graduating around May 2022
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required.
- Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration.
- Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Business related experience preferred, but not required
Prudential Private Capital (formerly known as Prudential Capital Group) is the private capital arm of PGIM, the $1.2 trillion global investment management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE:PRU). Expertise, analysis, and experience drive everything we do. We invest in the potential of our employees by offering them large-scope, small-team emphasis on collaboration, and commitment to a healthy balance between a professional and personal life. We challenge you as an individual while supporting you with a team so you can make real contributions while you're growing and becoming surer of your capabilities.
Click here to learn more about Prudential Private Capital
- Submit your application and digital introduction – You only need to complete one digital introduction once per recruiting season even if you apply for multiple early talent roles.
- Participate in a digital first round interview – You may be invited to complete a digital first round interview, with 2 – 3 questions to showcase skills and experience relevant for the role.
- Join us at Prudential for final round interviews – If selected, you'll join us at Prudential for final round interviews to learn more about our business, culture and the early talent opportunities available across our organization.
For 2021 early talent roles, our process is designed to help you learn more about Prudential and share your story
with us. Digital interviewing allows greater flexibility, enables a quicker interview process, allows us to meet more candidates and share your story with more members of your team. Want to learn more? Click here to review
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.