Asset Management - Chicago, IL | Dallas, TX | San Francisco, CA | Newark (NJ), NJ | New York City, NY2021 Investment Analyst: Prudential Private Capital (PPC)
About the position
2021 Investment Analyst: Prudential Private Capital
Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; New York, NY; Newark, NJ; San Francisco, CA
We review applications on a rolling basis, and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready. Our goal is to notify you of your status within 3 weeks after each application period concludes.
- Period 1: July 15, 2020 to September 1, 2020
- Period 2: September 1, 2020 to October 1, 2020
- Period 3: October 1, 2020 to November 1, 2020
To ensure you are considered for the opportunities you want most, you are only able to apply to 3 positions per recruiting season. All applications must be submitted within one sitting.
Are you a rising senior looking to apply your analytical knowledge and make an impact within a dynamic, evolving organization? Or maybe you’re looking to gain foundational knowledge and skills to apply in a professional environment, while developing strong relationships through training, mentorship, and ongoing feedback. At Prudential Private Capital that’s a challenge we can help you meet as an Investment Analyst.
As an Investment Analyst, you would work on a small deal team responsible for underwriting, portfolio monitoring and marketing, while getting the chance to develop your analytical skills and learn to think like a buy-and-hold investor in a three-year analyst program. You will learn about investing private placements of senior debt and junior capital within a variety of industries from large, multi-national companies to smaller, privately-held companies. Many of our analysts move on to attend top business schools and have received a variety of opportunities within the industry at the close of the three-year Investment Analyst program.
- Write internal credit memos
- Industry and company research
- Comparable analysis
- Financial modeling and credit analysis
- Transaction and due diligence support
- Portfolio and credit monitoring
- Communication with portfolio companies
- Prepare marketing materials
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited bachelor’s program graduating around January 2021 or May 2021
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration.
- Excellent analytical and accounting skills
- Familiarity with the capital markets (knowledge of debt and equity security terms and valuation methodologies)
- Business related experience preferred, but not required
- Participation in the Chartered Financial Analysts® (CFA) program is a plus
Prudential Private Capital (formerly known as Prudential Capital Group) is the private capital arm of PGIM, the $1.2 trillion global investment management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE:PRU). Expertise, analysis, and experience drive everything we do. We invest in the potential of our employees by offering them large-scope, small-team emphasis on collaboration, and commitment to a healthy balance between a professional and personal life. We challenge you as an individual while supporting you with a team so you can make real contributions while you're growing and becoming surer of your capabilities.
Click here to learn more about Prudential Private Capital
Our Application Process:
- Submit your application.
- Receive invitation for first-round digital interviews – Part one includes telling us about yourself via a digital introduction. Part two includes answering pre-recorded interview questions with the business(es) that are advancing your applications(s).
- Last step, final round interviews– If selected, you will have the opportunity to meet with us in person or virtually to learn more about our business and culture.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.