Operations - Dresher, PA | Minneapolis, MN | Newark (NJ), NJ | Jacksonville, FLSenior Customer Service Associate
About the position
The Senior Analyst uses advanced technical knowledge to handle complaints from various sources including executive office, media, DOI, attorney and policyholders, in accordance with established procedures. The position requires the analysis and evaluation of Individual Insurance and Annuities & Mutual Funds. The Senior Analyst will develop and formulate an appropriate customer sensitive written solution and may handle case work that is outside the norm that may require draft responses that are non-standard in nature. Generally, the Senior Analyst will carry a case load involving multiple complex/high profile cases with overlapping due dates. More specifically, the responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to speak in a customer focused manner with internal and external clients
- Analyzing written complaints received from Policyowners and Regulators
- Investigating the allegations presented according to prescribed procedures and making an appropriate determination within regulatory time frames
- Applying the appropriate written correspondence to policyowners and regulators. Ability to prepare customer focused written correspondence that is not from a template when appropriate
- Updating of the record keeping system(s) on a consistent, timely basis
- Proper organization and maintenance of case files
- Communicating clearly and in a customer focused manner with Policyowners and State Regulators
- Is customer obsessed in their approach to managing complaints, including influencing the business areas to appropriate outcomes
- Presenting cases to Senior Management
- Negotiating complicated and difficult high-profile cases with other business units and regulatory agencies to obtain information for a substantive response
- Participates in ongoing training initiatives to meet departmental goals
Responsibilities are not limited to the above and may change to accommodate workflow improvements
- Minimum 2 years of customer service experience
- 3 years of experience with Life Insurance and or Annuity products preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate proficiency of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently, multitask and manage difficult interactions
- Demonstrate effective negotiation skills
- FINRA Series 6 required or must be obtained in 180 days upon hire
- Overtime may be required
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.