Accounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Newark (NJ), NJ Planning & Analysis Specialist
About the position
PGIM, the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial Inc., is a multi-manager that delivers industry-leading strategies and solutions to clients. With offices located in 16 countries across five continents, PGIM is among the top 10 largest asset managers in the world with over $1 trillion in assets under management. Each business maintains its own investment process and culture, allowing for a singular focus on delivering investment returns for clients. The PGIM businesses offer investors a wide range of investment strategies across asset classes and geographies, including public equities, public and private fixed income, commercial mortgages and real estate.
PGIM Finance is currently seeking a Planning & Analysis Specialist on the PGIM Privates Finance team, primarily supporting PGIM Real Estate. PGIM Real Estate is the global real estate investment business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). Redefining the real estate investing landscape since 1970, PGIM Real Estate has professionals in 18 cities in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific with deep local knowledge and expertise, and gross assets under management of $179.2 billion ($156.6 billion net) as of December 31, 2019.
Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of quarterly functional expense presentations for global functional heads including Business Development, Global Fund Operations, Systems, and Global Investor Services, including detailed expense reporting relative to full year budget.
- Preparation and reconciliation of monthly Essbase reports including revenue by fund, compensation and non-compensation by region.
- Preparation and analysis of U.S. regional non-compensation expenses.
- T&E analysis and management reporting.
- Support of annual functional expense budget process.
- Preparation of non-compensation expense allocations of functional costs for regional P&Ls on actual and forecast basis.
- Completion of annual surveys including, but not limited to, McKinsey and Boston Consulting Group.
- Support iExpense projects and assist with inquiries. Assist in other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 3-5 years of experience in financial analysis or reporting
- Advanced degree (or working towards) and/or relevant certification (MBA, CPA, or CFA is a plus)
- Proven ability to analyze data and the underlying drivers of financial results.
- Discretion to deal with confidential information.
- Agile and organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple demands. Able to proactively anticipate issues, provide recommendations, and communicate key issues at the right level at the right time.
- Displays a continuous improvement mindset. Able to proactively identify, analyze, and improve upon existing processes for optimization and meet new deadlines or standards of quality.
- Uses appropriate applications and identifies opportunities to better leverage technology to complete tasks more efficiently and effectively.
- Proficient use of MS Office suite.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.