Legal - Atlanta, GA Vice President Corporate Counsel
About the position
Vice President and Corporate Counsel
PGIM Real Estate (“PGIM RE”), an operating business of PGIM Inc., the global investment management business of Prudential Financial, Inc., is one of the nation's largest full-service commercial, multi-family and agricultural real estate lenders. PGIM RE originates a wide variety of mortgage investments across its platform for Prudential's General Account, investment management clients and other third-party capital sources, as well as Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA.
An exciting opportunity exists to join PGIM RE’s law department as a Vice President and Corporate Counsel. The role will support PGIM RE’s U.S. loan originations and servicing activities with broad responsibility for transactional, product development and other business related matters.
The position will be based in Atlanta, Georgia, although qualified candidates in San Francisco, California may also be considered. Some travel is required.
The role will be varied in nature but will include:
- Providing substantive legal advice and broad legal oversight in connection with PGIM RE’s loan origination and servicing activities - this will specifically include responsibilities in connection with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA multifamily originations and servicing along with PGIM RE’s other portfolio and third-party mortgage lending programs
- Supporting the business in the development of new product offerings and investment strategies impacting Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and FHA multifamily originations as well as PGIM RE’s other portfolio and third-party mortgage lending programs
- Managing the performance of, and relationships with, outside counsel
- Providing day-to-day legal support for the business, which will include engaging broadly in the support of all aspects of the business, responding to ad-hoc legal issues and identifying related risks that may impact the business (e.g. operational risks, regulatory risks and reputational risks)
- Working in collaboration with other members of the Law Department on initiatives such as the use of technology and the continued development and maintenance of standardized positions, processes, procedures and documents
- Working in collaboration with other members of the Law Department on the assessment of, and development of appropriate responses to, legal and regulatory issues
- Attending, contributing to and organizing legal training sessions (both external and internal)
- Active involvement in PGIM and Law Department non-business initiatives (e.g. diversity and inclusion, pro bono and volunteerism)
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an established track record of relevant experience with a particular and meaningful focus on real estate finance (meaningful experience relating to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and/or FHA multifamily lending is strongly preferred)
- Be a self-starter who is highly motivated and comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Have highly effective communication skills and an ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels of seniority, from senior management to analysts
- Be pro-active and willing to learn and assume responsibility for new projects and tasks, which may include areas outside of existing technical expertise
- Be flexible and willing to adapt to rapidly changing needs of business partners and the broader enterprise
- Have excellent market knowledge, technical skills, commercial sense and professional judgment, with a willingness to make decisions and a strong drive to identify solutions and achieve results
- Have a minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience, either in private practice (preferably with an AmLaw 100 firm) or in-house, and admission to the bar of at least one state.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.