Accounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Newark (NJ), NJ Manager Planning & Analysis, PGIM Finance
About the position
PGIM, the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial Inc., delivers industry-leading strategies and solutions to clients.
With offices located in 16 countries across five continents, PGIM is among the top 10 largest asset managers in the world with over $1 trillion in assets under management.
Each of its underlying asset managers maintains its own investment process and culture, allowing for a singular focus on delivering investment returns for clients.
The PGIM businesses offer investors a wide range of investment strategies across asset classes and geographies, including public equities, public and private fixed income, and real estate.
The PGIM Cost Optimization& Performance Measurement team currently has an opening for a Manager.
Your role on this team will be responsible for identifying, measuring and monitoring impactful key metrics and benchmarks to influence management of the business’ cost profile. In addition, this position will be responsible for identifying process improvements and efficiencies through automation.
As a leader on this team, you are an individual who will thrive in a fast-paced environment and relish opportunities to play a key role in varied assignments, shifting priorities as necessary to meet the organization’s needs. You will clearly and concisely communicate with finance and business colleagues at all levels. You are committed to personal growth, eager to learn, strive to make continuous improvements.
• Lead and oversee all aspects of financial reporting and forecasting, including compensation and non-compensation expenses for the monthly forecast, quarterly earnings results, and annual plan for the CTO and Head of Operations for PGIM
• Develop business drivers and key financial metrics to assess the health of the organization
• Collaborate across the team to develop expense metrics to consult with the CTO regarding trends and make impactful recommendations
• Identify and understand key cost drivers, partner with the broader Finance team to develop a comprehensive driver-based view PGIMs technology and operations globally
• Initiate and support annual benchmarking studies and other competitive analysis
• Consolidate and track operations and systems spend across the regions and businesses
• Specific responsibilities for the position will vary over time based on business needs and other factors.
Must Have Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
• 5 to7 years of experience in financial analysis or reporting
Good to Have:
• Advanced degree and/or relevant certification (MBA, CPA, or CFA is a plus)
• Proven ability to analyze data and the underlying drivers of financial results
• Discretion to deal with confidential information
• Agile and organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple demands. Able to proactively anticipate issues, provide recommendations, and communicate key issues at the right level at the right time.
• Displays a continuous improvement mindset. Able to proactively identify, analyze, and improve upon existing processes for optimization and meet new deadlines or standards of quality.
• Uses appropriate applications and identifies opportunities to better leverage technology to complete tasks more efficiently and effectively.
• Proficient use of Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of Anaplan and Oracle, a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.