Technology - Newark (NJ), NJ Finance Digital Transformation Specialist, PGIM Finance
About the position
PGIM, the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial Inc., is a multi-manager that delivers industry-leading strategies and solutions to clients.
With offices located in 16 countries across five continents, PGIM is among the top 10 largest asset managers in the world with over $1 trillion in assets undermanagement. Each business maintains its own investment process and culture, allowing for a singular focus on delivering investment returns for clients. The PGIM businesses offer investors a wide range of investment strategies across asset classes and geographies, including public equities, public and private fixed income, commercial mortgages and real estate.
The Finance team for PGIM currently has an opening for a Finance Digital Transformation Specialist.
Your role on this team will be to support the development & implementation of a new, integrated financial modeling applications for PGIM, which will be utilized to meet business intelligence, data analytics, corporate planning and stress testing needs.
The candidate will partner with internal, and at times external technology solution providers, as well as PGIM finance teams and business leaders, to deliver best in class business analytics solutions for PGIM and Prudential.
The successful candidate will be a proactive and versatile individual who thrives in fast-paced environments, is comfortable being in a role with high visibility and relishes the unique opportunity to play a pivotal role in an innovative financial modeling & technology transformation role in the enterprise.
The individual will need to leverage knowledge of financial concepts (eg: P&L, BS, Capital/Debt)and technology (eg: Anaplan, BI, Tableau) to partner and collaborate with finance, business and technology colleagues at all levels. This person is committed to personal growth, eager to learn, and embraces complex challenges.
- Support the development and implementation of new PGIM financial modeling and business intelligence solutions, which includes but is not limited to:
• Develop modeling solutions to forecast and/or analyze various key business drivers and metrics, such as profitability by business, customer and product
• Partner closely with business finance teams to define business requirements through user stories and recommend process changes to support newmodeling capabilities as needed
• Partner closely with the various technology stakeholders across the enterprise for data sourcing and sending data to data lakes and forecast ledger systems
• Prototype, test, train, and implement business solutions under tight deadlines
• Provide status updates to and solicit key decision input from business partners and senior management
• Track and communicate deliverables and the associated timelines as well as project risks and dependencies
Specific responsibilities for the position will vary over time based on business needs and other factors.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business IT, Finance, or similar filed.
• Deep analytical background (experience with modeling and/or analytics).
• Experience with data architecture.
• 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience (finance, technology – preferably both)
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills with an ability to influence effectively across various stakeholders.
• Ability to drill into core issues with determination to come up with a solution.
• Desire to learn new modeling and programming skills and openness to evolving needs across the business.
• Strong organization, prioritization, and planning skills.
• Anaplan model building experience.
• Tableau or other data visualization/BI experience .
• Data science and/or analytic experience.
• Demonstrated Agile Project Management experience (PM certification a plus).
• Computer science / software development experience or credentials.
• Experience working in financial planning systems.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.