Legal - Newark (NJ), NJ Vice President, Corporate Counsel - PGIM Regulatory
About the position
Prudential seeks an attorney to fill a vacancy in the PGIM Regulatory Law Section of the Law Department (“PGIM Regulatory”). PGIM Regulatory Law provides legal support to the PGIM businesses and their lawyers and compliance officers, addressing a variety of regulatory and legal issues affecting PGIM’s multiple businesses, particularly where it may be more effective to address them centrally. PGIM is the asset management division of Prudential Financial and includes PGIM Fixed Income; QMA; Jennison Associates; PGIM Real Estate; PGIM Real Estate Finance; PGIM Private Capital; PGIM Global Partners; and PGIM Investments. Laws we advise on include U.S. federal and state securities, broker-dealer and investment management laws, and EU and UK laws relevant to asset management activities in Europe. Collaboration with colleagues in the Law Department and the Compliance Department is a hallmark of our practice.
- Monitoring and reporting on the continually evolving regulatory environment for PGIM’s diverse asset management activities, and analysis of regulatory and legal developments
- Provide legal advice on questions involving registration of regulated entities, implementation of regulatory requirements, interpretation of regulations and regulators’ guidance, as well as other regulatory matters
- Provide legal advice relating to investment advisory services, fund products and marketing
- In coordination with the Compliance Department, work on regulatory filings and dealings with regulators, development of policies and procedures, resolution of compliance issues, response to regulatory inquiries and legal support in connection with regulatory examinations
- Partner and coordinate with team members and stakeholders to achieve project priorities
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in securities or regulatory law
- Familiarity with asset management products/services and their regulation
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as technical legal ability
- Curiosity about businesses, products and legal and policy issues coupled with the motivation to achieve meaningful results
- Self-starter who can function independently, with a strong work ethic and high professional and ethical standards
- Superior research and analytical skills, comfort with conceptual thinking and creativity as a problem solver
- Strong written and oral communication skills, such as the ability to distill and explain complex regulatory matters
- Excellent judgment and the ability to give clear, independent and timely advice that is supportive of business objectives
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing needs of the organization as well as the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a collegial but demanding environment
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.