Accounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Newark (NJ), NJ Planning & Analysis Specialist
About the position
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. The company has offices in Newark, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Singapore. As of December 31, 2019, the firm has $851 billion of assets under management including $365 billion in institutional assets, $159 billion in retail assets, and $327 billion in proprietary assets.
The PGIM Fixed Income Finance team currently has an opening for a Planning & Analysis Specialist. Your role on this team will be responsible for all aspects of expense planning, forecasting, and reporting for PGIM Fixed Income as well as identifying, measuring and monitoring impactful key metrics and benchmarks to influence management of the business’ cost profile. In addition, this position will be responsible for identifying process improvements and efficiencies through automation.
As a member on this team, you are an individual who will thrive in a fast-paced environment and relish opportunities to play a key role in varied assignments, shifting priorities as necessary to meet the organization’s needs. You are able to clearly and concisely communicate with finance and business colleagues at all levels. You are committed to personal growth, eager to learn, strive to make continuous improvements.
- Work with business and broader Finance team to coordinate, prepare and present multi-year functional forecasts, strategic initiatives and opportunities to improve financial performance.
- Identify and understand key cost drivers, partner with the broader Finance team to develop a comprehensive driver-based view of the PGIM Fixed Income. Lead and oversee the quarterly planning process, which includes the forecasts of the income statement, balance sheet and key business drivers, including scenario analysis under various economic conditions
- Maintain expense drivers and volume information; Collaborate across teams to develop expense metrics to consult with business regarding trends and make impactful recommendations
- Development of dashboards for business drivers and key financial metrics to assess the health of the PGIM Fixed Income business.
- Identify opportunities to better leverage technology to complete tasks more efficiently and effectively.
- Initiate and support annual benchmarking studies and other competitive analysis
- Various ad-hoc assignments
- Opportunity to work on financial modeling and analytical support for new product launches and other strategic initiatives
Specific responsibilities for the position will vary over time based on business needs and other factors.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, MIS, AIS, or Accounting3-
5 years of experience in financial analysis or reporting
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong collaboration, communication and problem-solving skills
Well-developed analytical reasoning and curiosity
Advanced degree and/or relevant certification (MBA, CPA, or CFA) is a plus
Proven ability to analyze data and the underlying drivers of financial results
Discretion to deal with confidential information
Agile and organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple demands. Able to proactively anticipate issues, provide recommendations, and communicate key issues at the right level at the right time.
Self-motivated and proactive in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment with an ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities
Displays a continuous improvement mindset. Able to proactively identify, analyze, and improve upon existing processes for optimization and meet new deadlines or standards of quality.
Uses appropriate applications and identifies opportunities to better leverage technology to complete tasks more efficiently and effectively.
Proficient use of MS Office suite.
Experience with Oracle, Tableau, Power BI
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.