Marketing - Newark (NJ), NJ Manager, Fixed Income Product Marketing
About the position
Manager, Fixed Income Product Marketing
PGIM Investments is dedicated to helping clients solve their toughest investment challenges -- whether it’s capital growth, reliable income, or protection from market volatility and other risks. As part of PGIM, the global investment management business of Prudential Financial, PGIM Investments is the manufacturer and distributor of retail mutual funds, separate accounts, ETFs, and UCITS sold primarily through third-party distribution channels. The products and strategies we create are managed by PGIM, which is Prudential’s asset management organization. Prudential has become recognized as a leading provider of investment solutions for institutional and retail clients.
This position reports to the Vice President of Product Marketing for PGIM Investments. With input from business partners including product managers and asset managers, the Product Marketing Manager will author and develop compelling marketing content to support PGIM Investments’ fixed income product suite and drive business development efforts. This role is also responsible for the development and execution of marketing plans collaborating closely with the Product Management, Digital Strategy, and Client Marketing teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the foremost expert in Marketing for the fixed income product suite. Guide other marketing team members to ensure consistency in message and product positioning.
- Create, manage, and deliver integrated marketing plans in support of product line, taking into account business cycle, market environment, marketplace demand and target audience(s) and reflecting a variety of media including marketing materials, advertising, public relations, web/e-media, social media, research/strategic analysis, and thought leadership papers.
- Conceptualize and develop marketing content in support of fixed income product suite; deliverables may include fund highlights, thematic content, timely market-driven events, topical articles, website content, etc.
- Leverage, edit and reconstruct existing collateral as needed to support different delivery mechanisms.
- Develop well-thought out creative briefs clearly articulating project scope, positioning points, supporting data, visual ideas and written direction.
- Independently lead meetings with key stakeholders to review ideas and solutions, and actively participate in working groups with product team members.
- Establish strong working relationships with key business partners such as Product Management, Sales, National Accounts, Client Marketing, Communications, Legal and Marketing Review.
- Validate and test new ideas based on research/industry trends, and collaborate with other business partners to gather competitive information and identify new opportunities.
Seasoned fixed income product marketer/product manager with in-depth knowledge of the capital markets and fixed income investment products; must be able to apply this knowledge to product positioning, content deliverables and supporting graphics.
Proven experience developing investment content and messaging for multiple audiences delivered through print and digital mediums.
Demonstrated team leadership skills with the ability to build cooperative working relationships combined with the ability to take ownership and drive results.
Strong research and analytical skills, with an exceptional attention to detail.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Exceptional project and time management skills with ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
Previous experience working in a sales-driven, multi-channel, distribution environment.
5+ years of experience in investment product marketing/product management; strong preference for prior experience marketing fixed income product structures; experience in marketing new funds and promoting existing products.
Series 7 license preferred; must be capable of obtaining licensing within 120 days if not currently held.
Bachelors degree required. CFA or CIMA designation preferred.
Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Experience using Morningstar Direct preferred.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.