Accounting/Finance/Treasury/Tax - Madison, NJ | Newark (NJ), NJPlanning & Analysis Specialist
About the position
Prudential is a company of smart, ambitious professionals working together to create a better future for our customers and our communities around the globe. As one of the most recognizable financial services companies in the world, our employees are building on our 140-year history of financial strength with a focus on innovation and transformation to meet tomorrow’s most complicated challenges. We are committed to the growth and development of our employees. This includes providing talent mobility across the organization, as well as supporting continuous education through tuition reimbursement, in-house review courses and company sponsored training programs. We see our business success as a direct result of our talent. We are renowned for our diverse culture and our continued efforts to give back to the communities where we live and work.
FINANCE OPPORTUNITY IN PGIM
PGIM, the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial Inc., is a multi-manager that delivers industry-leading strategies and solutions to clients. With offices located in 16 countries across five continents, PGIM is among the top 10 largest asset managers in the world as of May 28, 2018 with over $1.1 trillion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018. Each business maintains its own investment process and culture, allowing for a singular focus on delivering investment returns for clients. The PGIM businesses offer investors a wide range of investment strategies across asset classes and geographies, including public equities, public and private fixed income, commercial mortgages and real estate.
The Finance team for PGIM Real Estate, currently has an opening for a Specialist, Planning & Analysis. PGIM Real Estate is the global real estate investment business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). Redefining the real estate investing landscape since 1970, PGIM Real Estate has professionals in 18 cities in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific with deep local knowledge and expertise, and gross assets under management of $72.7 billion ($50.8 billion net) as of December 31, 2018.
You are an individual who will thrive in a fast-paced environment and relish opportunities that play a key role in varied assignments, shifting priorities as necessary to meet the organization’s needs. You are able to clearly and concisely communicate with finance and business colleagues. You are committed to personal growth, eager to learn, and strive to make continuous improvements.
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly forecast submission, including variance analysis and partnering with both business and corporate contacts
- Support the expense allocation and expense management process, including variance analysis and explanations of main drivers
- Assist in the development of quarterly packages to functional leaders
- Support the annual budget process through a collaboration with human resources, functional leaders and senior management
- Support new product profitability analysis
- Partner with systems team to drive enhancements in the forecasting and allocation process
- Contribute to additional projections and presentations as needed
Responsibilities may be expanded and/or altered due to the re-alignment of the PGIM Real Estate and PGIM Real Estate Finance businesses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to drive process improvement
- Highly proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal, communication and partnering skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- 2 to 4 years financial/management reporting experience
- Proven ability to analyze data and underlying drivers of financial results
- Experience with business analytics and data visualization, i.e. Tableau, Power BI
- Position will be based in either Newark or Madison, and will require travel between the two locations.
- Overtime required during peak reporting periods and quarterly forecasts
- Specific responsibilities for the position could vary based on subsequent business needs and other factors including the re-alignment of the PGIM Real Estate and PGIM Real Estate Finance businesses
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.