Compliance - Newark (NJ), NJ VP, Fixed Income Compliance
About the position
VP Compliance – PGIM Fixed Income
PGIM Fixed Income, a division of PGIM Inc., an SEC-registered investment adviser, and Commodity Trade Adviser and a business unit of Prudential Financial, is seeking a senior compliance professional with expertise in Fixed Income and related derivatives, investment advisory and investment company regulation to assist its Chief Compliance Officer in overseeing a full range of regulatory matters that arise in connection with our Fixed Income asset management activities. PGIM Fixed Income has over $800 billion in assets under management as of June 30, 2019, with a broad array of fixed income strategies and client types including institutional separate accounts, sub-advised mutual funds, CLOs, offshore and onshore commingled and separate client accounts.
PGIM Fixed Income has a strong commitment to its customers, including mutual fund investors, corporations, public retirement funds, Taft-Hartley plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, foundations, and endowments. Qualified candidates will be expected to be thoroughly knowledgeable about applicable CFTC and SEC regulations and building compliance processes associated policies and procedures necessary to support a compliance program. The candidate will report to the Chief Compliance Officer of PGIM Fixed Income.
- Promote Prudential's reputation for ethics and integrity.
Advise the Fixed Income business on regulatory compliance issues relating to Fixed Income fund investment and product development, including private fund regulation and related compliance issues
Lead a team within Fixed Income Compliance; interface with Guidelines, Trading and Sales/marketing teams and team leads within Fixed Income Compliance;
- Participate in new product development and product launches;
- Manage NFA and SEC regulatory filings
Monitor and advise on new Regulations and related compliance activity,
- Partner with the business to draft and implement new Fixed Income policies, procedures and processes,
- Work with CCO to manage internal and regulatory audits for Fixed Income investment adviser
- Establish regulatory processes and controls and recommend and implement enhancements based on new business initiatives
- Train staff and relevant business partners in matters affecting Fixed Income
Position Qualifications: candidates should exhibit the following attributes:
- Fifteen (15) plus years of substantive regulatory, law firm and Fixed Income regulatory compliance experience, with demonstrated expertise in Fixed Income products, cash bonds and derivatives, markets, strategies and the laws and rules applicable to Fixed Income Portfolio Management
- Advanced knowledge of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Investment Company Act of 1940, ERISA, the Securities Act of 1933, Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Dodd-Frank Title VII/CFTC matters
- Substantial experience with regulatory and investment issues facing large and diversified financial institutions having concurrent regulatory schemes
- Senior level communication skills related to Fixed Income regulation, products, issues and strategies
- Experience with relevant trading and markets regulations, new instruments and related risks
- Confident self-starter with demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities with varying deadlines
- Bachelor's degree plus J.D. and law firm experience or equivalent experience as a regulator
- Experience in managing complex regulatory filings and communications
- Experienced with rules, regulations and policy issues of the CFTC, NFA and FINRA relating to Fixed Income Investment Management
- Insurance or trust bank experience useful
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.