Operations - Newark (NJ), NJ PGIM O&S - Investment Operations Specialist
About the position
PGIM, the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial Inc., is one of the world’s leading money managers. With offices in 16 countries and over $1 trillion in assets under management, clients rely on our risk management expertise, intellectual capital and creative solutions to realize their investment objectives. Our distinct multi-manager model delivers a broad suite of actively-managed solutions in the areas of public and private fixed income, equities and real estate to serve our clients’ needs. We are passionate about delivering investment returns for our clients and dedicated to our greatest asset – our people. Do you want to be part of a multi-manager model that enables each business to maintain its own investment culture? Learn more about who we are and how we can work together, please visit: www.pgim.com
PGIM Operations & Systems provides the operations and technology support that contributes to PGIM being a world-class investment manager. We supply transaction-level support, generate and report investment results and ensure that our investment results are accurately reflected on our books and records.
This full-time position is for an Investment Ops Specialist within PGIM O&S. This position will support the iRisk Data Integrity Group. The iRisk database is an infrastructure which houses a multitude of financial data from many of Prudential’s accounting and trading systems both domestically and internationally.
The Investment Ops Specialist will support key data quality controls and various project work for all aspects of iRisk. This role will include oversight of financial data quality on a variety of financial instruments, supporting reporting requests and various ad hoc inquiries. The individual will regularly collaborate with members of various levels within Domestic and International Finance and Investment Operations & Systems. This is a hands on opportunity that leverages investment knowledge, technical and analytical skills, strong work ethic and interpersonal skills.
• Identify, implement and perform key controls that will improve overall data quality.
• Provide daily customer support for resolution of production issues. This includes analysis of the issue and working with the appropriate areas to resolve.
• Perform controls that support the transactional roll-forward of portfolios.
• Assist with data quality controls of downstream financial models such as the Investment Forecast.
• Utilize various applications such as Investment Risk database (iRisk), MS Excel, Cognos reports, etc., to facilitate ad-hoc analytical / information inquiries, streamline existing processes, define and build out new processes and perform project testing.
• Partner with various clients and business partners to define business requirements, complete testing and summarize and communicate findings at an executive level.
• Independently prioritize and lead various project work.
• Bachelor degree required with a major in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting or Information Systems preferred
• Do you have 3+ years of investment operations, accounting or technology experience
• Deep understanding of various investment security types
• Experience with QRM, Cognos and/or investment accounting reporting systems (i.e. PAM for Investments) a plus
• Strong PC skills with proficiency in MS Excel
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to organize/prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environment
• Tight-knit collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Good organizational skills, resourcefulness and attention to detail
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task/juggle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently, as well as, in a team environment
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.