Real Estate - San Francisco, CA PGIM Real Estate - Senior Investment Analyst (Originations)
About the position
PGIM Real Estate
As one of the largest real estate managers in the world with $179.2 billion in gross assets under management and administration1, PGIM Real Estate strives to deliver exceptional outcomes for investors and borrowers through a range of real estate equity and debt solutions across the risk-return spectrum. PGIM Real Estate is a business of PGIM, the $1.3 trillion global asset management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU).
PGIM Real Estate’s rigorous risk management, seamless execution, and extensive industry insights are backed by a 50-year legacy of investing in commercial real estate, a 140-year history of real estate financing 2, and the deep local expertise of professionals in 31 cities globally. Through its investment, financing, asset management, and talent management approach, PGIM Real Estate engages in practices that ignite positive environmental and social impact, while pursuing activities that strengthen communities around the world. For more information visit www.pgimrealestate.com.
PGIM Real Estate is one of the nation’s largest full-service commercial real estate lenders, originating a wide variety of commercial mortgage investments for Prudential’s General Account, investment management clients, our debt fund and other third-party capital sources (such as Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, or other institutional investors).
PGIM Real Estate is seeking a Senior Real Estate Investment Analyst, typically a three year assignment in the Prudential Investment Management Analyst Program. The Senior Real Estate Investment Analyst will support a high-volume loan originations team, originating across all of PGIM RE’s capital sources including life company, agency, and debt fund loans. The successful candidate would play an important and integral role on the team. This position offers an outstanding opportunity to learn and develop a broad range of financial, credit, real estate underwriting, analytical, negotiation, and presentation skills. This role is located in PGIM Real Estate’s San Francisco office.
- Provide analytical support on a wide variety of assignments including market research, review of property operating statements, cash flow modeling, property valuation, borrower credit review, and preparation of loan briefs for investment committee approval.
- Assist with all aspects of the loan origination process, including the modeling and evaluation of new investment opportunities, sensitivity analysis, analysis of the risks and mitigating factors of potential investments, initial structuring, due-diligence review, and preparation of authorization memos.
- Assist senior members of the team with all aspects of the closing process, including managing third-party vendors, performing due-diligence, compiling final approval memoranda, assisting in deal closings and asset management.
- Interact professionally with internal credit, legal and loan origination personnel and externally with borrowers, third-party service providers, and brokers.
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Real Estate or another similar major.
- 1-2 years of prior experience in the real estate and/or finance field.
- Strong quantitative skills and established analytical ability.
- Demonstrated interest in capital markets and commercial real estate.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with MS Office applications, (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) & ability to learn new applications
- Proficiency in Argus Enterprise is required.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Willing to travel up to approximately 10% of the time.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.