Human Resources - Newark (NJ), NJ Change Manager (Transformative Change Center of Excellence )
About the position
Who we are looking for:
- Are you a change management expert who has a deep passion for helping people see their best potential?
- Are you someone who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and is comfortable forging new paths?
- Are you relentless in bringing your experience and knowledge from multiple sources to make it happen?
- Are you a leader who isn’t afraid to challenge and bring their unique perspective to the table?
If the answer is yes, keep reading.
Why we are looking for you:
We are hyper-focused on tomorrow and are setting on a journey to make the lives of our customers better by solving the financial challenges of their changing world. This journey will call for significant change in how we build capabilities, leverage technology, and activate our people—and all of this will require a team of motivated change management experts—like you—to make it happen.
What your role will be:
We are looking for a Change Manager who will help build our global Transformative Change Center of Excellence while delivering change expertise to our business leaders. This person will help build change management methodology and tools while also translating business strategy into change management strategy for internal clients. In addition, this person will manage and execute the implementation of change plans in close partnership with business groups and leaders across the enterprise. The Change Manager will report directly to the Director of Change Management.
Location: Newark, NJ + 30% travel
What you will be doing:
Develop the Transformative Change Center of Excellence:
- Support development of Prudential’s perspective on change by developing enterprise-level change management frameworks, methodologies, tools, and resources.
- Enable leaders with best practices on how to drive change within their organizations and among themselves and their employees.
- Design change interventions (digital and in-person) which help employees become more change agile.
Deliver project change expertise to business leaders:
- Build robust project sponsorship by engaging, supporting, and coaching senior leaders who are critical to drive transformation.
- Deliver project-specific change management advisory to business leaders in the form of change management assessments, strategies, plans, and initiatives which solve identified business change needs
- Define success metrics and measurable outcomes, monitor change progress, and align progress with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build strategies and plans including but not limited to, business leaders, functional leaders, HR business partners, and project management.
- Support project communication planning efforts in terms of design, development, delivery, and management of communications.
- Lead where needed project stakeholder management in support of internal client’s transformation initiatives.
What we are looking for in your background:
- 3-5 years professional experience with large-scale organizational change and transformation efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, industrial psychology, or related-field
- Required skills:
- Deep change management expertise
- Excellent strategic thinking, problem solving, root-cause analysis skills
- Active listening skills; ability to translate data into key insights
- Strong leadership and mentoring abilities
- Proven flexibility and agility to address changing needs
- Robust relationship building, stakeholder management from executives to employees
- Thorough business acumen (i.e., key financial measures of a business)
- Excellent project management skills
- Hyper-focus on quality of deliverables
- Ability to translate concepts into easy-to-understand PowerPoint presentations
Additional preferred experience:
- Advanced degree; MBA preferred
- Management consulting experience
- Experience with organizational design, operating models, cultural change, people performance, digital transformation global delivery networks, post-merger integration, agile methodology
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.