Operations - Newark (NJ), NJ Associate Manager, Third Party Risk Management, PGIM O&I
About the position
Reporting to the Manager, Third Party Risk Management, the selected candidate will be responsible for supporting oversight and coordination of the PGIM Third Party Risk Management program.
As part of this work, the individual will be tasked with helping to ensure that PGIM remains in compliance with Prudential’s Third Party Risk Management standards and policies.
Prudential’s Third Party Risk Management standards describe required activities that must be adhered to during a vendor’s lifecycle, from sourcing to termination.
Activities include, but are not limited to assessing risk, conducting due diligence, on-going monitoring, and ensuring inventory completeness.
In addition to supporting oversight of the PGIM Third-Party Risk Management (TPRM) program, the successful candidate will also work closely with stakeholders and subject matter experts in PGIM (Business Continuation, Privacy, Records Management, Compliance, etc.), as well as Enterprise Information Security, Operational Risk Management, Technology, Sourcing & Procurement, Operations & Systems Law, and Privacy.
A commitment to excellent customer service is critical, and role will be accountable for ensuring PGIM stakeholder satisfaction.
The Associate Manager is expected to possess strong process management and communication skills.
A sound knowledge of the firm, particularly within control-focused departments is preferred.
We welcome an innovative individual that embraces challenges and offers creative solutions.
Essential duties and responsibilities include
• Serving as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to identify and address key third party related risks and areas of concerns associated with new and existing third-party relationships
• Actively engage and collaborate with peers and team members, contributing to the successful execution of a consistent, risk-based Third Party Risk Management program
• Assessing procedures and controls to ensure compliance with applicable enterprise standards
• Driving appropriate stakeholder participation in evaluation of risk and control effectiveness
• Conducting training to ensure TPRM awareness
• Ensuring Archer vendor inventory system data integrity
• Establishing strong partnerships with business lines and corporate functions to ensure effective planning and collaboration on third party risk management related matters
• Engage internal subject matter experts across information technology, information security, privacy, sourcing, legal, corporate security and other influencers to contribute to the effective management of third party relationships
• Produce scheduled and ad hoc reporting
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• 2-3 years of experience working in a risk or control function or 1-2 years of experience in Third Party Risk Management or Audit is preferred.
• Results oriented self-starter with ability to organize and lead multiple concurrent priorities while working independently or part of a team in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to learn quickly, uphold high performance standards and thrive in situations where ambiguity is to be anticipated and a sense of urgency is required.
• Ability to communicate technical third party risks to non-technical business stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to tailor messages to various audiences.
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
• Knowledge of Power BI a plus.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.