Sales and Distribution - Shelton, CT | Dresher, PAAnnuities Sales Associate
About the position
Why Join Prudential?
Prudential is a company of smart, ambitious professionals working together across a multitude of disciplines. Together, we are building a better financial future for our customers and our communities around the globe. At Prudential, we understand that a company is only as good as its people. This simple fact is central to all that we do. We call it “the Talent Mindset” – a company-wide commitment to attract and develop the dedicated professionals whose insights, innovation, and hard work fuel our success and make us a global leader in financial services.
Start a career journey as an Annuities Sales Associate. This dynamic position will provide you a unique opportunity to grow your sales career with Prudential. Bring your charismatic personality, people skills and willingness to learn to our fast-paced sales organization. Be a part of an organization that is committed to talent and professional development.
Our ideal candidate is a sales-oriented professional who is looking for an excellent opportunity in a diverse talent driven organization. The nature of this position dictates exceptional relationship building, communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly.
In this role, you will:
Learn about the financial services industry
Receive extensive investment and sales training
Grow and develop in the role with the expectation to progress to more senior positions on the Annuities National Sales Desk
Gain exposure to different departments throughout the organization
Build strong relationship management and collaboration skills
Obtain your FINRA Series 6, 63, and life licenses
Partner with Regional Sales Consultants to effectively coordinate territory sales and marketing events, such as client seminars, continuing education meetings and roadshows
Develop and maintain knowledge of Prudential Annuities investment solutions, Marketing/Sales strategies, systems and applications to fully support the sales teams
Once licensed, assist on Sales calls with Financial Advisors throughout the country
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Desire and curiosity to learn about annuities and other investment products and services, as well as general investment and securities concepts
- Strong level of written and verbal communication skills required to prepare and present sales plans and materials, provide technical information regarding products and services, and develop sales presentations
- Sales experiences or internships are a plus
- Ability to multitask and work under time constraints
- Self-motivated and team-focused
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, tactfulness and a desire to continuously improve
- Emergent sales acumen and the desire/ability to generate sales opportunities. Must be confident, persuasive and credible over the phone and in person
- Strong familiarity with computer applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- FINRA Series 6, 63 and State Insurance license (or ability to obtain within 150 days)
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.