Sales and Distribution - Shelton, CT | Dresher, PAAnnuities Inbound Sales Consultant
About the position
• Top 10 spot on DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity list for the fifth consecutive year
• Working Mother magazine's "Top 100 Companies for Working Mothers" (2015 and 25 prior years)
• 100 percent score on the Human Rights Campaign’s (HRC) Corporate Equality Index for its programs and practices that support the inclusion of LGBT employees, consumers and investors
• Fifth on LATINA Style’s 2015 list of the top 50 U.S. companies for Latinas, up from sixth place last year
Why Work at Prudential?
• As the eighth largest asset management company in the world and a highly respected, universally recognized organization and brand, Prudential is a great place to get started in the financial services industry
• Work with highly motivated, intelligent people who are experts in their fields
• Become part of a culture of career development, continuous education and top-notch sales training to help bolster your skillset and get better at what you do
• Gain exposure and access to the wide range of business areas and professional career-path opportunities within the Prudential organization
• Competitive base salary, sales incentives, bonuses, comprehensive health insurance benefits, paid time off, a 401(k) retirement plan with matching, and a college tuition reimbursement program
Prudential Annuities is currently seeking a highly motivated sales professional to join its sales team. As an Inbound Sales Consultant, you will work in the corporate office on a vibrant team of 25-30 like-minded, customer-focused individuals. In this fast-paced, constantly changing, highly visible role, you will help financial professionals solve their day-to-day problems and get the most out of their business relationships with Prudential.
In this role, you will:
• Field daily phone calls, respond to emails and voicemails, and routinely solve client needs as they arise
• Deliver detailed responses to inquiries about Prudential product features, performance data, hypothetical illustrations and requests for literature
• Provide back-up coverage to Regional Sales Consultants and their territories as needed.
• Proactively engage existing or prospective clients in new opportunities on a daily basis, using consultative selling techniques and by continuously educating financial professionals about Prudential solutions
• Receive immediate training, as well as ongoing coaching and mentoring from experienced members of the sales team, in order to equip yourself with the essential sales and leadership skills necessary for success in this role
• Focus on personal talent development to prepare for opportunities to become a Regional Sales Consultant
• Enjoy the satisfaction and peace of mind that comes with a job where every day is a fresh start with new challenges and possibilities
• Sales experience
• Knowledge of annuities concepts or the retirement industry a plus
• Self-motivated and team-focused
• Excellent telephone skills
• FINRA Series 6 and 63 (or 7, 66) required
• Ability to pass State Insurance license within 60 days
• Flexibility, resourcefulness, tactfulness, and a desire to continuously improve
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.