Technology - Roseland, NJ Network Engineer
About the position
Join a dynamic corporate IT team responsible for building and supporting the Prudential global IP network. Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Perform Data Center and Core network design, testing, implementation, documentation, and on-going support for network projects.
- Coordinate and implement off business hour deployments of equipment in branch and campus locations while completing normal BAU responsibilities.
- Configuration of Cisco Data Center and Core network equipment.
- Provide tier 3 escalation support for the global network.
- Provides technical project management for initial network builds and expansions.
- Participating teleconferences and in person meetings for designing, implementing, testing or performing troubleshooting support of our networks.
- Research and evaluate network solutions based on corporate standards and business requirements.
- Hardware inventory management and shipping.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- 8+ years’ experience in configuring and supporting Cisco LAN/WAN network equipment.
- Ability to project manage network projects.
- Solid understanding of routing using multiple protocols and redistribution.
- Methodical and logical approach to troubleshooting problems
- Ability to configure Cisco Routers, Layer 2 & 3 Switches, IPSec, S2S VPN, UDP/TCP protocols, EIGRP, BGP, Perform VLSM subnetting
- Configuring and supporting Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Access Points.
- Configuration and supporting Cisco Nexus 9k, 7k, 6k, 5k,2k Data Center switches.
- Have solid written and verbal communication skills in order to interface with business partners to evaluate network requirements and solutions.
- Available to work off hours and on weekend to implement changes and support domestic and international businesses.
- "On Call" 24 x7 rotating weekly support schedule to assist Network Operations with Tier 2/3 troubleshooting.
- High Speed Internet Access and Home Phone/Voice line required.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.