Other - Newark (NJ), NJ Manager, Mutual Fund Tax Compliance - PGIM Investments
About the position
PGIM, the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial Inc., is one of the world’s leading money managers.
With offices in 16 countries and over $1 trillion in assets under management, clients rely on our risk management expertise, intellectual capital and creative solutions to realize their investment objectives.
We are passionate about delivering investment returns for our clients and dedicated to our greatest asset – our people.
Do you want to be part of a multi-manager model that enables each business to maintain its own investment culture?
Learn more about who we are and how we can work together.
At PGIM Investments, we consider it a great privilege and responsibility to help investors participate in opportunities across the global markets while meeting their toughest investment challenges.
We offer a diversified suite of actively managed funds across a broad spectrum of asset classes and investment styles, with over $95 billion in assets under management.
Are you interested in opportunities to expand skills, connect with others, take on significant projects, and stretch beyond the formal job descriptions?
The primary responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
• Oversee mutual fund tax compliance work, review accuracy of provisions and dividend calculations. Coordinate workflow, assignments and deadlines.
• Review financial statement tax disclosures.
• Review of federal, state and local tax returns.
• Review year-end shareholder reporting.
• Develop policies and procedures on various tax items and establish, document and review controls to maintain RIC tax qualifications.
• Review excise tax work.
• Coordinate mutual fund tax functions with fund auditors, accounting, and other operational departments.
• Support portfolio managers on tax considerations and impacts.
• Responsible for review and research of complex holdings, including but not limited to partnerships, MLPs, swaps, options, foreign currency, shorts, notional principal contracts, convertible debt and passive foreign investment companies.
• Oversight of custodian banks tax reclaim services.
• Oversight of foreign jurisdictions taxation and impacts to mutual funds.
• Bachelor’s degree in business/accounting
• 5+ years experience in mutual fund taxation
• CPA and/or Masters in Accounting or Tax preferred
• Strong technical mutual fund tax skill
• Strong excel skills
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
• Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.