Legal - Newark (NJ), NJ Paralegal
About the position
· The candidate will work as part of a team of paralegals and attorneys in the Enterprise Litigation Group (“ELG”).
· The candidate must possess strong litigation support skills, which include assisting in the drafting of documents and litigation hold orders, reviewing pleadings to confirm factual content and providing comments on such, working with internal and outside counsel in drafting responses to written discovery requests, contacting business partners to compile documents/records in support of litigation, assembling and analyzing collected data, and recording case activity in Prudential's matter management system.
· The candidate will assist in the review of third-party civil subpoenas and requests for information, including determining the validity of the legal documents and communicating with the requesting party, internal and outside counsel, and business partners in order to ensure appropriate responses.
· The candidate will support the Discovery Services Team on the litigation hold process, including but not limited to reconciling and running reports from the litigation hold system.
· The candidate will submit discovery requests for data collection to the Discovery Services Team at the direction of internal and outside counsel.
· The candidate will assist in the maintenance, aggregation, quality control and reporting of information relating to ELG matters and risk criteria, including management of certain internal tracking databases and producing comprehensive, timely and accurate litigation management reports.
· The candidate will participate in other ELG projects such as annual review of ELG Standard Operating Procedures and records management initiatives.
· Strong legal background and solid writing skills. Corporate business law experience would be a plus.
· Ability to work well with all levels of employees, work well under pressure, work independently, take initiative and handle confidential matters. Must effectively interact with internal and outside counsel, and senior leaders within the organization.
· Strong analytical, project management and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work under multiple on-going and tight deadlines.
· Experience with Microsoft Office O365 applications with advanced knowledge of Excel and SharePoint.
· Technological experience with a matter management system and litigation hold system are a plus.
· The position will require technical savviness, ability to learn and adapt quickly, attention to detail, and strong written and oral communications.
· A bachelor's degree, paralegal certificate and five or more years of experience as a paralegal are preferred.
Overtime may be required.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.