Technology - Newark (NJ), NJ | Shelton, CTManager, Data Analytics
About the position
- A passion and proven record for synthesizing and analyzing data to provide key insights and solve business challenges
- A passion to make data analytics actionable throughout the organization
- A passion and innovative mind for identifying new opportunities for analytics
- A passion for working in a collaborative environment, within the team and with business partners
- Integrate and analyze multiple disparate data sources from a variety of systems, such as structured and unstructured data, speech analytics, social media, digital footprints, customer behavior, financial information, proprietary market research and secondary sources, as appropriate, with a goal to discover meaningful implications for businesses to make concrete business decisions
- Mine data to uncover patterns and to identify business trends and new opportunities for using analytics
- Apply a variety of analytical techniques, from descriptive to predictive (statistical and machine learning) and prescriptive, to solve complex business challenges
- Develop self-service data visualization tools that give our business partners the ability to have data insights at their fingertips
- Present analysis results in a non-technical manner with appropriate conclusions and actionable insights
- Consult with key business partners to execute high-value, actionable analytics projects
- Evaluate current data collection and recommend additional fields for capturing internal data, as well as supplementing with externally available data, to enable the creation of more robust data analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Business Analytics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science or other technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Prior work experience extracting data, applying a variety of business analytics and predictive analytics techniques, and synthesizing information into business intelligence reports/dashboards
- Experience analyzing large datasets using SAS, SQL, R, Python, or AWS tools. Experience with Hadoop or big data technology is desired
- Data visualization experience, such as Tableau, is desired
- PowerPoint and Excel are a must
- Superior problem-solving mindset and skills
- Strong project management skills. Familiarity with an agile working environment
- Strong business acumen coupled with strong analytical, organizational, research and communication skills. Ability to present results and identify key insights from the data
- Recognized as an expert-level consulting resource with ability to uncover and translate business challenges into analytics solutions
- Financial services or annuity/life insurance industry experience is a plus
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills with proven track record of delivering actionable insights succinctly
- Conceptual thinking with the ability to examine large sets of data and turn them into actionable business insights
- Comfortable presenting business insights to large audiences and comfort using collaboration tools to share actionable insights
- Strong collaborator and commitment to teamwork and building consultative business relationships, as well as ability to work independently
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.