Asset Management - Newark (NJ), NJ PGIM Investments - Data Associate, Strategic Investments Research Group
About the position
The Strategic Investment Research Group (SIRG), is a unit of PGIM Investments, LLC tasked with providing research analysis, investment manager due diligence, risk management, and portfolio construction services.
The Data Associate position reports to the SIRG Vice President of Trade Operations and Systems and will provide programming and quantitative expertise for Manager Research, Portfolio Construction and Investment Strategy teams.
The primary responsibilities of the job include:
- Support a quantitative, automated, repeatable framework for our investment platform and thought leadership.
- Provide comprehensive consultation to SIRG functions and IT management at a technical level to meet the business short and long term needs.
- Collaborate with business units, project management and technology team on system solutions.
- Research and evaluates alternative solutions and recommend the most efficient and cost-effective technology and / or service solution.
- Develop performance and risk dashboards.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise while exercising independent thought and judgment in continuing to enhance SIRG’s approach to investment oversight, portfolio construction and thought leadership.
- Work closely with business units, project management and Technology team on system solutions.
- Exposure to statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate large data sets and draw insights.
- Strong statistical and mathematical aptitude, including an understanding of the components of financial analysis and the ability to work accurately with numbers.
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop new Excel models, charts and graphs as necessary, experience with predictive analytics a plus.
- Structure large data sets to find usable information.
- Use graphs, infographics and other methods to visualize data. 3-5 years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably dealing in asset management and capital markets.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a concentration in Math, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.