Technology - Newark (NJ), NJ Senior Full Stack Developer
About the position
PGIM Investments is a distributor of asset management capabilities to retail investors intermediaries. We offer a diversified suite of actively managed funds across a broad spectrum of asset classes and investment styles. We are dedicated to helping clients look after their toughest investment challenges—whether it’s capital growth, reliable income, or protection from market volatility and other risks.
The PGIM Investments Technology organization is seeking a senior developer who will design, develop and support technology platforms for the Investment Research Group including digital platforms, internal & external web applications and trading systems. This role requires a solid understanding of financial data, data flows and developing applications involving relational databases, big data platforms and modern tools for reporting & analytics.
· Interpret written business requirements, functional requirements and technical specification documents to design and develop technical solutions that meet business needs
· Collaborate with IT and Business partners to design, develop, and troubleshoot end to end technical solutions
· Lead a global cross-functional development team to implement software solutions that meet business needs
· Identifies and manages dependencies and downstream impacts of the project to minimize adverse effects on other projects and / or programs
· Coding and debugging applications along with analyzing existing systems, processes and data flows to identify inefficiencies and provide continuous application improvements
· Identifying and implementing new uses of technology that deliver business value
· Providing rotating production support and support for urgent escalations (e.g. critical business day functions and occasional after hours)
· Work collaboratively across the IT organization to ensure all technology services needs are identified in a timely way and communicated, integrated, planned and budgeted effectively
· Drive an Agile mindset and delivery culture throughout the business function, advocating speed and agility and act as a change agent within the function for Agile adoption
· Ensure adherence with corporate guidelines for open source usage and security standards as well as internal technology standards
· Strong understanding of Business Analysis concepts, SDLC methodologies and Operating models (Agile & Waterfall) with ability to gather and document requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline required
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- 7+ years of experience with database design, security and efficient SQL programming using Microsoft SQL Server or similar relational database
- 7+ years of experience with developing n-tier applications using Microsoft .Net technologies including C#, ASP.Net, .Net Core, MVC and Angular
- 5+ years of experience with reporting and analytics tools including but not limited to Tableau, Cognos, PowerBI
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Financial Services experience (Asset Management background a plus) with a proven track record of delivering on-time and with high levels of quality
- Knowledge of Agile project methodology (SAFe) and ITIL best practices
- Ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences at varying levels of leadership, in areas with both technical and business focus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with organizational, prioritization and time management skills to handle multitasking in a collaborative distributed environment
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.