Technology - Roseland, NJ Manager, Software Development
About the position
Prudential Financial is seeking a Manager, Software Development for the Global Technology organization supporting our Individual Solutions Group (ISG) businesses. Prudential’s Individual Solutions Group (ISG) Technology organization is pursuing a qualified Systems Development Manager to assume the role of Responsible Systems Manager and Talent Management for the FAST application and staff. In the position, the successful candidate will assume the accountability for the day to day application management, monitoring and execution of application controls and maintaining those controls to evidence adherence with ISG Technology process and/or other control functional Standards. This person will also lead a staff of employees and consultants who perform development work on the FAST platform as part of the Growth Platform Solution (GPS) agile release trains and will work with Pramerica on the roadmap and deployment of the FAST Center of Excellence.
The successful candidate will work closely with the FAST Application Owner and GPS agile release trains to provide staffing recommendations, allocations, and feedback. The candidate will work with the GPS Solution, Program, and Systems Product Owner as needed in implementation approaches, evaluating solutions, and establishing technology best practices, and have fun doing so with an agile mindset.
- Overall Accountable Responsible Systems Manager (RSM) for FAST application and it’s components
- Responsible for managing and overseeing the development of FAST Talent resources
- Recruit, mentor and supervise a diverse, high performing team and provide them career growth guidance and opportunities
- Coordinates with the FAST Center of Excellence on standardized procedures and training for the FAST platform
- Drive the team for continual improvement
- Work with Solution Architect and Product Owners for definition and prioritization of FAST infrastructure & application backlog as needed
- Ensures all work is conducted in an audit-worthy manner to remain compliant with all Prudential standards
- Ensure all appropriate attestations, recertifications, and control activities are in place and up to date
- Enable Business Continuation (BC) Control Activities are in place and annual test are performed
- Enable Library Management Control Activities
- Enable Information Security Control Activities
- Perform or Support Application Recertifications
- Assist Product Owners on system roll-outs as needed
- Experience in managing large scale, critical software applications
- Minimum of five years of experience in IT system development or systems management is required.
- Domain knowledge in Individual Life Insurance or Annuities is a must
- Strong interpersonal skills including team collaboration, leadership, presentation, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven record of working and successfully influencing across teams and functions
- Must have supervised or mentored staff in the project context.
- Experience working in an Agile (SAFe®) a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.