Technology - Roseland, NJ Associate Full Stack Developer
About the position
We are looking for junior developers who are experienced with React.js and NODE.js. Primary focus will be on developing and implementing user interface components following well-known React.js workflows (especially Redux) and services which will support those components. Candidate will be part of a team which develops components and applications which are robust and easy to maintain. Candidates will work within an Agile team and will interface daily with other members of team who are designing UX components and supporting other application infrastructure components. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important. We are looking for qualified candidates who have aptitude and desire to assume leadership roles on projects and who are strong proponents of technology.
Developing new and supporting existing user-facing features using React.js
Developing new and supporting existing services written in NODE.js
Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
Increasing leadership responsibilities; project and team leadership
- 2+ years of experience with React.js
- Solid and demonstratable understanding of React.js or Node.js and their core principles
- Exposure to popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux; especially Redux)
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Familiarity and comfort with Typescript
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as bitbucket
- Exposure to working in an AGILE environment
- Aptitude and desire to progress to leadership assignments/role
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.