Sales and Distribution - Newark (NJ), NJ 2021 Sales Internship: PGIM
About the position
We review applications on a rolling basis, and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready. Our goal is to notify you of your status within 3 weeks after each application period concludes.
- Period 1: July 15, 2020 to September 1, 2020
- Period 2: September 1, 2020 to October 1, 2020
- Period 3: October 1, 2020 to November 1, 2020
To ensure you are considered for the opportunities you want most, you are only able to apply to 3 positions per recruiting season. All applications must be submitted within one sitting.
Are you looking for a career that utilizes your ability to solve for complex challenges, uncover new opportunities and actively consult to drive future business? Are you interested in being a part of an exciting internship experience that is focused on developing both foundational sales knowledge and leadership skills while collaborating across the Prudential community? If you are an innovative, entrepreneurial thinker, looking to expand your financial knowledge and have a passion for closing business deals then a Sales Internship within PGIM Investments is for you!
PGIM is the Global Asset Management Arm of Prudential Financial. PGIM develops, distributes investment products such as, Mutual Funds, ETFs and SMAs. This internship opportunity will work with PGIM’s distribution team.
- Gain hands-on experience and learn business-to-business sales including all aspects of a consultative sales model
- Collaborate with and shadow our National Sales Desk, Internal Wholesalers, to learn best practices of the business
- Support sales projects, research and presentations to ensure successful execution of business strategies
- Partner with the broader Sales team to provide solutions and initiate efforts to improve process efficiencies
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited bachelor’s program graduating between December 2021 through May 2023
- Majoring in Business, Economics, Finance, Financial Services or other relevant majors
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required.
- Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration
- Strong communication (both oral and written), leadership, quantitative and analytical skills
Our Application Process:
- Submit your application
- Receive invitation for first-round digital interviews – Part one includes telling us about yourself via a digital introduction. Part two includes answering pre-recorded interview questions with the business(es) that are advancing your applications(s).
- Last step, final round interviews– If selected, you will have the opportunity to meet with us in person or virtually to learn more about our business and culture.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.