Asset Management - Madison, NJ | Dallas, TX | Chicago, IL | San Francisco, CA | Los Angeles, CA | New York City, NY | Atlanta, GA | Arlington, VA2021 Real Estate Full-Time Investment Analyst Program: PGIM
About the position
Madison, NJ, New York, NY, Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Dallas, TX, Arlington, VA
We review applications on a rolling basis, and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready. Our goal is to notify you of your status within 3 weeks after each application period concludes.
- Period 1: July 15, 2020 to September 1, 2020
- Period 2: September 1, 2020 to October 1, 2020
- Period 3: October 1, 2020 to November 1, 2020
To ensure you are considered for the opportunities you want most, you are only able to apply to 3 positions per recruiting season. All applications must be submitted within one sitting.
Are you a current senior? Are you highly motivated, intellectually curious and willing to jump in to make impactful contributions? Are you ready to be a key contributor to a team and help get the job done? If so, then becoming an Investment Analyst within a culture that treats our talent like an investment might be the right job for you!
As an Investment Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a Real Estate Investment team in either our equity or debt real estate business to provide in-depth analysis of potential real estate transactions.
In this role you will perform financial modeling and analysis of potential real estate transactions and provide analytical support to senior members of the team. You will interact professionally with senior management, originators, borrowers, joint venture partners, brokers and investors.
Opportunities vary and may include the following:
PGIM Real Estate Equity Business
- Acquisitions – Acquisitions analysts will be a part of a small team responsible for the sourcing, underwriting, financial modeling, and due diligence for new acquisitions on behalf of all of PGIM Real Estate’s portfolios. Create cash flow models, Investment Committee books, sensitivity tables, rent roll analyses, comparable property sets, joint venture waterfall models, and other financial analyses required to evaluate, pursue and explain acquisition opportunities.
- Asset Management – Collaborate with partners, consultants, property managers and leasing brokers to manage a portfolio of operating assets, development projects, and/or repositioning projects across the risk spectrum. Drive asset performance through the execution of leasing, operational, financing, and disposition strategies.
- Research - Provide economic and real estate market analysis in support of investment decisions and strategy development.
- Originations - Assist investment professionals in analyzing and securing loans. Responsible for all phases of evaluating new investment opportunities including cash flow modeling, property valuation, sensitivity analysis, market research, and credit analysis. Help manage the deals throughout the due diligence and closing process.
- Underwriting - Analyze potential loans to ensure they meet appropriate standards. Day-to-day responsibilities include handling the due diligence process with internal and external parties, analyzing investment strategy, cash flow assumptions, and market data, and completing detailed investment packages for credit approval.
- Portfolio or Deal Management – Key responsibilities include assisting credit officers in achieving the overall domestic and international mortgage production goals and serving as a resource for origination teams on policies and procedures throughout the life cycle of a deal.
- Conducting financial modeling to evaluate potential new investment opportunities.
- Underwriting and analysis to support asset management decisions (e.g. leasing, financing, buy/sell scenarios, property valuations, and joint venture structuring).
- Creating and executing strategies for developments, renovations/repositionings, and capital projects.
- Interfacing with external parties including leasing/sales brokers, property managers, joint venture partners, and legal counsel.
- Providing analytical support on a wide variety of assignments including market research, review of property operating statements, cash flow modeling, property valuation, borrower credit review, and preparation of loan briefs for investment committee approval.
- Candidates must be graduating between December 2020 and May 2021
- Candidates pursuing a BA/BS degree. Finance, Economics, or Real Estate majors preferred but not required with a minimum GPA of 3.2
- Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the prerequisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability
- Understanding of real estate and finance terms and concepts preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Submit your application
- Receive invitation for first round digital interview - Part one includes telling us about yourself via a digital introduction. Part two includes answering pre-recorded interview questions with the business(es) that are advancing your application(s)
- Last step, final round interviews - If selected, you will have the opportunity to meet with us in person or virtually to learn more about our business and culture
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.